Friday, December 5, 2008

Nothing terribly exciting happening

As much as I am loving this cold weather (only 12 degrees F this morning) the mom doesn't seem so fond of it. Here we were having a game of tug outside - that is her arm all wrapped up in a thick coat and gloves on her paws....ooooppps hands. It was a VERY quick game of tug and mom scurried inside complaining it was too cold. So I sat on the step enjoying the cool - that was until the BAG monster suddenly appeared and dog oh dog did I bark like crazy at that. Mom came racing to the door to see what the commotion was. She doesn't seem to understand that those plastic bags that the wind blows onto MY fence are really monsters. Did you know for example they are one the biggest causes of turtle deaths. They mimic jellyfish floating in the water and when the poor turtle eats it......they get stuck in their tummies and they can die. Luckily there are no turtles in my yard....but I don't trust them. I mean to say, if they can kill a big old turtle what could it do to me? Apart from that we did go to the pet store yesterday and mom and me spent nearly an hour there. I think I checked out every smell I could find!!! I also got LOTS of pats and one of the assistants there said I was her MOST favorite dogs that visits! Maybe mom will take me to the other pet store today.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Reilly - know what you mean about the bag monsters - they get me every time too. My mom does the same thing - gets all bundled up and we got outside and then in a flash, she wants to go back in. I don't get it - I think the weather has been perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, too bad Katie and I don't live closer, you two could enjoy the cold weather together. I'm with your Mom, I'm always asking Katie to HURRY UP and get back in the house, but she never ever wants to go back inside. I think it's going to be a long winter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no! What is a bag monster? I don't think I seed one of those yet. I will keep a look out. I gots to protect my rabbit-dogs from stuff after all. hehe, people's are funny in the cold, My mum walks around with her teeth going clickclickclick.
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cold too. the colder the better is what I say... Joe my mailman says he thinks he would be warm if he could make a coat out of all the hair I shed. Mom says he can have it if he wants it. BOL
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I just saw that I am on your list. Thanks, Keep in touch. Morgan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We still visit and read your blog, honest collie. We haven't commented as much as we should though. Dad's been busy Christmas baking.

    As for bag monsters we ignore them. However, we were freaked out at the election signs that would rattle some of chain link fences back in early November.

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  7. my hoomans always tell me that threads and plastic bags aren't fun... in fact they're dangerous if it gets stuck in our tummy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep, the bag monsters get us every time, too. :)

    Ma thinks the summer sun has bleached our coats a bit and we have also started shedding, that's why our coats may look different to you.

    You know, we couldn't find a lot about HGE either except a few websites that said it's likely to reoccur once you've had it... oh no. But anyways, your Mom will know what it is when she sees it... it's 'explosive' that's all we can say... Anyways, enough of that :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The ChicoBag Company, makers of the reusable bag that fits in a pocket, has a blog called Bag Monster. http://www.chicobag.com/t-meet_bag_monster.aspx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them