Sunday, August 2, 2009

If you go down into the woods today.....

We had the MOST beautiful morning, the sun was shining, it was cool and there was a nice breeze blowing so off we went to the Platt River State Park to have a wander through the forest. I can not even begin to tell you how many pawsome smells there were. Here I am at the start of our walk - (remember you can click on the photos to see them bigger) we crossed 7 bridges in total and I check every one for trolls - but I didn't see any. There was water flowing under all of them though so maybe they got washed away in the last rain we had. We have been to this park many times before but mom says she has never seen it looking so beautiful.












We finally came to mom's favorite place. It is a very small waterfall (about 4 foot high) that the water runs over. It has just a slow trickle over it but it sounds so pretty. Mom tried her best to get me to dip my toes in the cold water - but I was not having any of that. I planted my paws and refused....looking from a distance was just fine. I even tried hiding behind this grass so mom couldn't see me....I thought it was a good hiding spot.












We walked and walked and followed paths up and down and around trees and I must admit I wondered if mom knew where she was going, but yes eventually we came out at a very big river. First I had to check out the strange things that were blocking our path. It looked like a big metal snake but mom said if was railway line and it would be okay to cross after we checked there were no trains coming. This is of coarse the Platt River and it is quite shallow but flows fast. We were just enjoying the quiet when we suddenly heard a loud loud noise and around the bend came an airboat - like you see in Florida. I didn't like that and all and barked loudly to tell them to go away. After our walk in the park we also went to see a Craft Faire. There wasn't a lot there and what few items we looked at were very expensive. Needless to say I snoozed all the way home.













Mom couldn't resist making another video so here is a bit of out walk for to enjoy. You can see me checking for the trolls and if you have the volume up you can hear the birds.


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Another great walk Reilly! You are one lucky pup! The birds sounded beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Florida Airboat, how did that get up in Nebraska? Trolls under the bridges, you have Trolls. Woofs, good thing you are there to chase them off. We heard trolls were afraid of dogs, specially shelties & collies.

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Reilly
    What a lovely pretty walk - just the kind of walk we love.
    We don't mind putting our paws in the water but don't like to get too wet.
    We liked your video, mum thought it was very relaxing listening to the birds.
    Pity we don't live nearer and we could come with you although Bailey is not at all keen on those wooden bridges.
    Perhaps somebody told her about the Trolls!!!
    love you lots
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty place - it's so lush and green! I liked the video because I do love to hear the birds singing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once can't be too careful these days. If you don't keep an eye on those trolls they'll just about take over the forests one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful walkie, Reilly! We're sure glad you didn't come upon any trolls!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful walk, Reilly! Thanks for sharing it with us...so - did you see any trolls at all??!! :-)

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them