Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wordy Wednesday - Combs

The word for today is COMBS

Okay, so if your moms and dads are like mine they have probably bought a dozen combs and brushes trying to find the 'perfect' one. Well my mom got one the other day which she loves and of coarse I hate ......but she says I should share it with you anyway. This is actually a cat comb (the indignity of it) and it has teeth that spin and that makes it easier to go through the fur, especially any matts or tangles.

Mom always grumbles about combing my tush area as the under coat is extremely thick there for some reason and all the brushes and combs we have tried don't really get through that undercoat. Well, this little comb did the job. Mom started at the bottom of my legs and worked her way up layers and YES, she got all that undercoat completely combed. Personally, I didn't see anything wrong with a slighted matted undercoat as it is 'underneath' where no one would see it......but you know how moms are, she said SHE KNEW it was matted and that was a good enough reason. So the word for today is combs......and finding a good one.

PS : All the little Sheltie Charms have new homes now - I will get them in the post tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. oh no! why did you has to post this? You will be giving Mum ideas!
    I think I'll be ok though, my comb has rotaty teeths. Mum is looking out for a new bristle crush for me. :(
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie won't let me brush her very much...and especially not "back THERE!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom just got done brushing me with all of her various brushes and combs. She doesn't have one like your mom, Reilly! Too bad your mom had to go and give her that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi: Hey Reilly, has your mom tried an "undercoat rake"? Our mom has a really snazzy double-toothed one. We LOVE being brushed...we even lie down on thee table for it! Once our pants are detanggled, the undercoat rake goes right through and gets rid of all the excess fur in our "pants".
    Shelby: And although it works really well on Heidis thicker hair, it gets all of my silky hair out too. I dont like brushing as much, because Id rather snuggle, but...the undercoat rake makes it go faster! AND we feel lighter and cooler afterwards! If you'd like to check out our comb, you can see it here: http://grooming.petedge.com/Master-Grooming-Tools-Ergonomic-Double-Row-Undercoat-Rake-TP25106.pro?parentCategoryId=190&categoryId=214&subCategoryId=276


    Best of luck!!!
    Take care!
    Sheltie-Mom Jenn, Heidi and Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like being combed, so does Scooby but Tahlia is a different story all together BOL
    Big licks to you
    Suzuki
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like being combed every where except for my tail, that just bothers me, mom is now going to go and check out that comb at the store. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We also hate being brushed 'back there'. And now you've given our Ma an idea - she said she was going to go and she if she could find a cat comb!!! Arrgh!!! Why on earth did you have to post this?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We will NOT be showing this post to our mom! We have enough grooming stuff already! A CAT comb? OMG, how embarrassing for you, Reilly!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for letting us know about the charcoal cookies, Reilly! We'll make sure that another trip to the cookie store is planned ASAP!

    Yer friends,
    Mitch & Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them