Thursday, March 15, 2012

The "What is it?" Competition


The OLD Mom has been struggling a bit of late, she finds it hard to stand for too long and hard to sit for to long, so basically she is up and down like a yoyo - which for me who likes to snooze near her feet can be rather dangerous. Her latest 'fad' is this weird type of art which she can do both sitting and standing. It is all hand drawn - except for the photo of that MOST handsome dog! Make sure you click on the photo to see it BIGGER

Now it has been awhile since we had us a competition so here is what we are going to do. If you can find or know what this type of art form is called (sssshhhh don't tell Mom -but I am going to give you a hint - it begins with the letter 'Z' ) then you can enter.

Everyone who guesses to correct answer - Oh what the heck - anyone who guesses ANYTHING - will be in the running to have your very own one of these "things" done. You can have a picture of your favorite furbaby or even a person included - the choice is yours. You will need to email the Mom a photo so she can print it out to include.

The artwork which will be totally unique is 12" x 12" and Mom will even frame it for you ! Oh, it won't look exactly like mine - Mom doesn't know what patterns she will draw until she starts working on it.

So get those thinking caps on....and give us you best guess or guesses :) PSSSSS depending on how many enter we may even give out two prizes!!!!

22 comments:

  1. Wow this is so pretty! I don't usually enter giveaways, but I LOVE this! Ok, I'm going to guess - zigzag art?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't have a clue, but it sure in interesting. How about ZanyArt?

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks pretty neat! I am going to say Zentangle?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like to doodle but I can't do anything like this. It is so detailed, kind of like pointillism.

    I'm going to make something up and say zoodelism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ??? We're just rottweilers; what do we know? But we do know it's very pretty!!

    -Bart and Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so cool! I have no idea what it's called.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmm...we see a sun... Zodiac, Zeus?
    Whatever it is, we like it!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did google it afterwards, Zentangle. That's pretty neat, there were some great videos on youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well we think Bassetmomma guessed the right answer.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Katie says this is "zuriffic!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is just beautiful and we have no idea what you call this art form.

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a cool art. I would go for Zentangle too!

    Curiosity and excitement is brewing at home now and I'm afraid we almost hit the ceiling! Just can't wait for it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have no idea what it's called, but it's Really Sensational -- I mean, Reilly "Z"ensational!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Lassiter Chase and Benjamin's answer Reilly Zenstational.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have no idea what type of art it is, but it's fabuzzzzzlous! I think it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It does look like pointillism. I think Basset Momma got it though

    ReplyDelete
  17. Zentangle -- hmmm... so THIS is what my hu-sister's doodles are called. Ahhh...

    Very pretty artwork!! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. in germany things like these are called:ZAUBERHAFT.
    this means really,really beautiful.
    we love it!!!
    anni,the foxbrothermomma

    ReplyDelete
  19. It must be zebra art. Maybe it is Zzzzzzz Art. BOL

    It sure is pawsome looking, what ever you call it.

    Essex & Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, Mommy and i know. That is a Zentangle! Mommy thinks they are really neat. Your mommy is doing a lovely job. And you look so Pawsome.

    doggy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey guys?!? How's everything? I saw Basset Momma's Zentangle, it was very pretty.

    And by the way, this is the first time I heard of something like that.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them