Friday, March 18, 2016

Clue #4 in "The Mysterious Disappearance of the Beach" case

As internationally recognized consultant detectives - Reilly Holmes and Denny Watson we are on the trail of the great sand thief and I do believe we are getting closer to finding our culprit.

Our day began with a stake out - first we hid and observed from the sand dunes where of coarse NO-ONE could see us. Then we hid amongst the rocks of the breakwater - where again NO-ONE could see us because we are after all masters of disguise.

Then out of the corner of my eye I saw something and the chase was truly afoot.  I ran like the wind to catch up with the suspect who was as it turns out..... a SAND PIPER!

When Denny Watson finally caught up he asked why we were chasing this bird - "it is elementary Dear Watson" I said "The name was a dead give away - "SAND PIPER"

Was this indeed the very criminal master mind we had been hunting for - was he like the pied piper and luring MY sand away with a melodic tune or was he more like a sand baron and using huge underwater pipes to pipe away my sand before putting it in all those empty cargo containers we had seen on the ships.

Yes indeed Denny Watson - this could well be our culprit! - but can you believe what Denny Watson said next - "Erm I think Holmes - that this might be considered a bit of circumstantial evidence  - just because it's name is Sand Piper - it doesn't mean it is piping our sand away."

"Ba Humbug Dweeb" - was my only response - I KNOW my great deductive reasoning  was irrefutable - I am the GREAT Reilly Holmes after all!

What do you think? Should the hunt go on - or have we indeed found our culprit?




19 comments:

  1. That makes sense to me... his long beak looks like a flute... and I can see a long trace behind that guy in the water... bet that are all that sand grains who follow him...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sand piper?! You think he's the culprit taking all of that sand my friends? I have to tell you the water and your pictures are so breathtakingly beautiful. They are making mommy crave to see the ocean again. XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This case just keeps getting better and better! I WANTS TO CHASE THEM BIRDIES! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

    Your Dachshund pal,
    Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sandpiper looks pretty guilty to us. Look at him trying to escape from questioning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hari OM
    I fear this may only be a red herring of a bird... cease not until the truth is full out!!! Hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reilly Holmes job well done. We think you found the culprit
    Snorts,
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. We think you have found your culprit but you can never be too sure!
    Dip and Elliot x

    ReplyDelete
  8. He does look a bit small to be responsible....We say keep him on your short list of suspects and keep looking!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is the Sand Piper like the Pied Piper? Did he get the sand to follow him into a mountain?

    ReplyDelete
  10. yes that may be him!
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow. Well, I've seen birdies taking branches and even some of the Sibe fluff Mom brushes out of us -- so it's quite possible that one took your sand! Astonishing!
    Hey, I can't see you guys in those first two pictures AT ALL! You really are masters of disguise!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  12. We have been closely following your mystery. You could eliminate the Sand Piper and see if the sand still disappears. I know this sounds a bit crazy, but have you thought that it might be the moon? It only comes out at night, and uses the waves to steal sand! I can't wait to hear how this all resolves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course, you could always "eliminate" the sand piper and see if the thievery continues. Have you considered that sneaky moon? I know it only comes out at night, and it might be enlisting the ocean to help steal your sand!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's possible...if he has a flock of helpers perhaps. I think you better do a little more sleuthing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well if that sandpiper can pipe out a good tune, that sand could just be following him farther down the beach.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't knows...he seems a little frail to have pipped all that sand away on his own...I agree, some interrogation is needed...if you needs me to slobber on him, just lets me know...it's a tried and true interrogation technique! ☺
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I watched The Birds many times and I can tell you they are up to no good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them