Monday, May 13, 2019

Hello dear friends...it is me the Denny. I haven’t been very well lately and could use some power of
the paw to help me get better. Last year I was diagnosed with kidney disease and I already had a bit of a thyroid problem too. I have to eat special food and takes lots of pills but I have been doing okay until the last 6 weeks. Mom noticed I was just nibbling at my food and I have been whimpering a lot. So off we went to see vet because mom though maybe I had a bad toofie. He couldn’t find anything wrong with my toofies or jaw so he ordered some blood tests and they showed my thyroid numbers, kidney function and liver function were all skwiffy. On top of that ...even though I haven’t been eating much I put on weight...but we won’t talk about that !!!!!!!

Anyway .....all those wacky numbers made my vet worry so he sent me off to see an oncologist vet. Thankfully there are no signs of any cancer or tumors but I do have an enlarged liver, my kidneys have a couple of cysts in them (which is normal with my type of kidney Disease) and I have very thick bile in my gall bladder. Now the problem I have is my special food for my kidneys has a high fat content and low protein but to control my gall bladder issue I need a low fat food with higher protein. You can see the dilemma...how do we treat both when they require the total opposite thing! 

My new lady vet is going to consult with a nutritionist vet to see if they can come up with a good diet for me. In the mean time they have added more pills ...that means I now have to take 11 a day. So some power of the paw prayers would be much appreciated and hopefully the pills and diet work so I won’t have to take so many of those yucky things mom tries to disguise as treats! 

19 comments:

  1. oh we hope that your new vet has a good plan how to arrange a special food and a special treatment for you what fits to your lifestyle and what is good for your health... all paws are crossed and we send lots of POTP your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have all of the POTP I can send your way. I know how you feel as my mom lost her Sheltie to the kidney disease. I wish there all diseases where gone from this earth.
    Hugs and Prayers
    Bentley and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! That sounds very complicated to try and find some kind of food that will be good for you and taste good too. Good luck with that.

    But it's great to see you after so long! We'll be sending lots of POTP and hugs so that you do well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have our paws crossed for you Denny and hope your vets can figure out the best way to help you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many prayers and loads of POTP from us mate,

    Nuk & Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Denny....I'm having almost the same problems and it's definitely not fun feeling so ikky all the time. I'm sending you lots of pawhugs and POTP. Feel better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you know you've got POTP x three from us. We hope the food can be sorted soon and all the worry will go away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Denny, I am praying for you right now, and for the vets to find the right diet to best help you. Lucy and Xena have their paws crossed for you, too. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. All paws crossed for you, Denny. It sounds like you have a lot going on there. We hope the vet can find something that will work for you to eat. Hugs from us.

    Woos - Lightning, Misty, and Timber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Denny, I am so sorry you are having a tough go. I, of course am sendin' tons and tons of POTP and healin' vibes and AireZens!!!! I hopes that the dogtor can figure out the right balance of foodables for you. Oh, and the vettie thinks I'm a fatty too ~ I also thinks the vettie's scale is broken.....
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Denny, this sounds rough.
    Sending maximum POTP across the Pond

    ReplyDelete
  12. POTP and hugs and kisses are being sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Denny, I hope the vets can find a diet that will make you better. We'll certainly be thinking of you and sending the power of the paw.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Denny, we are praying for you. Sending healing collie vibes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Denny, that sounds awful. We're hopeful that your diet will get worked out. We get raw rabbit, bison and turkey. Not all together. There's some fat but lots of protein.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Woo haven't posted for quite awhile. How is everypaw doing?

    Sherman, Gemini and Dog Dad

    ReplyDelete
  17. We stopped to see how wooo are Denny, hope woo are feeling better, take care,

    Nuk & family

    ReplyDelete
  18. We hope Herricane Dorian Grey is leaving you alone. You our in our thoughts and prayers.

    Dog Speed,

    Sherman, Gemini & Dog Dad

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them