Monday, September 1, 2008



Mom and dad got up early this morning so they could take me for a walk to the 'other' lake before it got to hot. This has nice wide paths and just grass on the side so no chance for me to get my paws into something I shouldn't! Even though we went early the humidity was still high so when we came across a nice shady spot, I just has to take advantage of it and have a little rest. This is a big lake where people do something called 'fishing'. Hmmm mom has fish in her aquarium but they are like an inch big....why would anyone want to catch those!!!! Mom says the fish in the lake are much bigger......but I bet they still smell!!!! It is a really nice lake and has walking trails that go all the way around it. People ride on those big wheel things mom calls bikes and today I saw something new....people on little wheels. Mom called those roller blades. I just sat patiently as they went by because that is what mom has told me is the polite thing to do. Today I also got to see a chipmunk and a big old toad and this funny blue/grey colored bird with long stick legs....mom says is was a blue heron. It is obviously a silly bird because it was stood in the water....why would anything willingly go and stand in water????? After that we stopped to admire the flower garden and then headed back to the car where mom got my bowl out and I had a nice big drink of water. I hope everyone else had fun this weekend and I hope all the pupster in the hurricanes way will be safe....I will be keeping my paws crossed.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time at the lake, Reilly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Reilly, you're looking very pretty for 13 months old! It was a lovely adventure for a young dog, especially getting to see all of those intersting creatures!

    Please stop by my bloggie because I have an award for you!

    licks,
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you resist the urge to chase all those animals? ;-)

    Cheers

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did resist.......I must admit I was tempted to have a woof at those little wheel things....they got way to close - mom called the 'path hogs'

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them