Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Sad sad day

My aunt in Australia sent my mom an email this morning to let her know that my little cousin has passed away.

I am heartbroken to announce that my baby Dhugal passed away at 9.24am Tuesday 16-9-08.
He has a good life living to age 18 which is long for a toy poodle.
He will be badly missed by me as he was family to me.
Rest in peace Dhugal. I love you.
My mom is very sad today as mom was the one the that bought Dhugal and Kris together on Kris's birthday all those years ago. He was just a tiny six week old and looked liked a pom pom. Mom also spent a lot of time with him back in Australia and was a big part of his life. Mom would take him walking with her everyday - She had set herself a challenge to walk down every street in her town and with Dhugal by her side, barking, yipping and jumping the whole way - she did it. It took her nearly a year and she would walk for around three hours each morning...always ending up on the beach so Dhugal could chase the seagulls, his favorite thing. Hmm maybe it was the caffeine that kept him going....Mom says Dhugal loved to share his mom's morning cup of coffee. Rest in peace little buddy.......my mom will miss you greatly and wishes so badly today that she wasn't on the other side of the world and could be there to give her sister a big big hug.

6 comments:

  1. G'day Reilly

    I am sorry to hear about Dhugal. I am sending my bestest thoughts to you, Mum and everyone who knew and loved Dhugal.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. While we are sad to hear about Dhugal, we are sure he is chasing seagulls across the rainbow bridge.

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Dhugal's passing. Sending you our best wishes,

    Josh and Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Reilly, Katie and I are so very sorry to hear about your cousin Dhugal. Your mom will be very sad for a long time. She needs extra hugs from you; I'm sure you will take good care of her. We will keep you in our thoughts. We are sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're sad to hear about your cousin Dhugal -- but he'll surely be happy across the bridge as he makes new friends. We here are left to grieve, which can take a long long time, even forever, so be extra kind to your mom.

    Wirey woofs,

    Jake and Just Harry

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry about Dhugal and big collie hugs from me too. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them