Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Bailey Report #3

Good Morning every furbody. Earlier this week Mom and I were visiting some blogs and saw that Tanner's Mom had made him some yummy doggie cookies.

I asked Mom if we could make some for "Jackies" birthday. (I don't call him "IT" like my big brother does). So yesterday Mom and I mixed up a batch using a recipe that Tanner's Mom had put a link too.

It was so easy ! You just put everything in a bowl and mix, then cut out the cookies and bake them. We made hooman shaped cookies for Jackie and can you guess what we used for Reilly and mine? It is a sheltie shape! And best of all - they are soooooo yummy! I just had to have one before Mom even finished taking photo's! Here is the recipe and there are some others on the website Dog Treat Recipes

Meaty Dog Biscuits

Ingredients:

2 3/4 c. whole wheat flour

1/2 c. powdered milk

1 tsp salt

1/4 tsp garlic powder

1 egg

6 tbsp vegetable oil

8-10 tbsp water

2 jars of strained baby food (beef, chicken or lamb) (you can also use fruit or vegetable flavored)

Directions:

Preheat your oven to 350.

In a mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients.

Knead the dough for about 3 minutes.

Roll it out until it’s about an inch thick. (We made ours only 1/2 ")

Here’s the part where you break out the cute bone shaped cookie cutters! Or you can use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into the desired size.

Bake the biscuits for 20-25 min. on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Makes about 24 biscuits.


Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. I'm drooling all over here!!! The cookies are so beautiful and I'm sure they're really yummy!
    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those would be perfect for the rest of my Birthdy week. I better get Vickie up and have her copy the recepie.

    thanks

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Ill have to make those for my pups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhh YUM! I hope my mom make these for me!
    -Corbin

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMD those cookies look sooo scrumptious! I think I can taste them just by looking at those pictures. Thanks for sharing the ingredients, I must ask hoomie Melissa to make some for us. We have a bone & Dalmatian shaped cookie cutters so they would be perfect for these cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homemade treats are THE best. Tanner's recipe sounds easy and tasty. We will have to give them a try too.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are the pawsomest cookies in the world. I love them almost as much as my "black and whites". I am so very happy that you like them toooo!!!

    Puppy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  8. nom! looks sooo tasty, got to get #1 hired out on making some of those for sure!!

    RA

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a good helper you are in the kitchen, Bailey! Your cookies sure do look yummy!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is excellent, because if we make our own we'll save money AND we'll know for sure what's in them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Makes about 24 biscuits" IF your mom cooks!!!
    GGGGRRRRRRRR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those cookies look most pawsome. We are so glad your Mum is up and actie.

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cool! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them