Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Look what grew in my yard !

Late yesterday afternoon I heard all these strange digging noises and voices I didn't know talking in my backyard. Mom had the door closed so I couldn't go out an investigate - but when she finally did open the door - look what I found growing in my lawn. Mom says it is an October Blush Maple Tree and that it will grow into a lovely big shady tree for me to lay under during summer. I am confused - it already seems like a big tree to me so HOW did it grow so fast? Were those voices I heard wood elves or something, did they cast some magic on the seed to make it grow so fast? Mom tried telling me that the tree was this size when she bought it - but I have watched her planting seeds so I know this isn't right. Seeds are little things and for days nothing happens then suddenly a little green shoot appears. I think it's wood elves that needed a place to live so they grew a magic seed and now we have a tree in my yard - and darn wood elves to chase too! Can you see the bird box on the fence - there are four baby birds in there - Mom and I had a quick peek in there last night. Mom says another week and they will probably be ready to leave the nest - and now they will have a nice bushy tree to sit in.
Photobucket

16 comments:

  1. It is confusing. Mom sometimes buys stuff that is grown and sometimes plants from seeds. She has never bought a tree for us though. That is so cool.

    -Bailey & Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty tree. So nice to have shade during the dog days of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That tree will provide great shade in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom says that is the best way to get a tree, one that already has a good start. Yours is very pretty and should bring you lots of nice shade in a few years.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool tree!! I live down South where it is hot, hot, hot outside. I always try to find the best shady spot around. Looks like you'll have no problem finding a good one!

    AROOOF!
    Boondocks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your big winds are done so your new shade plant can take root!!

    Rottie Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like a great tree! Hope it keeps growing well for you and you get to spend lots of relaxing afternoons napping under it.

    Puppy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that is one cool tree & that is one very cool yard you got over there too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great surprise that must have been! It's a beautiful tree.

    I also want to THANK YOU for your donation to help the animals in the Joplin tornado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yard is sure looking good Reilly - Beautiful tree - and thanks for updating us on the baby birds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trees are good! So are baby birds! And birds AND trees are extra special! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. we love the term zoomies!

    we may just steal it!

    www.twogradstudentsandapittieblogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love trees ! The residential block where we live as a name " Les belles Feuilles" which means " The Lovely Leaves" - we are surrounded by trees of all kinds :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOH! I'd LOVE to have that tree! I'd trade you my mango tree for it! We don't eat mangoes, so I'd love to get rid of it. You also have to be careful walking under it. teehee!

    Happy Wednesday woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  15. You must have VERY fertile soil, Reilly! You'll sure be cool under your shade tree this summer!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow...that tree did grow fast! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them