Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The art of 'sunpuddling'

Can you believe it - that Mr Big Dog (otherwise known as Reilly) has been woofing about renaming his blog to Cowspotdog And The Dweebs! The nerve of him especial as I am NOT a dweeb - I am a DORKY! (Dauchshund x Yorkie). 'Other Mommy' chuckles every time I say I am a Dorky - but I am not sure why - do you know why??????

Anyway, in response to such a blatant meanie attitude from Mr Big Dog...... I am dognapping his blog and making it all about ME - at least until he finds out and then I am going to run and hide under the deck where he can't reach me!

So here we go. Today I am going to teach you all step by step the finer art of sun-puddling. (did you know that sun-puddling spelled with a hyphen is actually in the dictionary!)

Step 1 - you must find the perfect sun-puddle first and for those that aren't sure, the perfect sun-puddle is warm and makes the floor all bright.
Step 2 - you have to really enjoy a good sun-puddle so this means rolling around in delight in it.












Step 3 - When you have finished having a a good roll then you need to rest a little. You don't want to overdo your sun-puddling.
Step 4 - Now this one is extremely important so focus here every pup. Next you have to look TOTALLY adorable so your Mommy or "Other Mommy" will say ohhhhhh how cute and adorable you are ..............and GIVE you a TREAT.












Step 5 - Of coarse you want them to think you are enjoying your sun-puddle sooooooo much that you are not REALLY interested in any old treat. (Even if it is my favorite Duck Jerky!)
Step 6 - You give a shrug and nonchalantly pick a piece up just to try it and then gobble it down FAST before the "Other Mommy" realizes she have given you 3.... yes {THREE} pieces. We were supposed to get a piece each gawoof gawoof!












And there you have it my fellow furbees. I am throwing out a challenge to each and every one of you - CLAIM THE SUN-PUDDLE - make it you own and show us all a picture of you enjoying it on your blogs. Well what are you waiting for? Oh woof - I think I hear Mr Big Dog coming!!!!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Woof! Woof! Isn't GREAT ... too. Golden Thanks for the instructions. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for such an informative post!!! You eloquently covered all the finer points of sun-puddling!

    .......and we think Dorky's are wonderful!!!! heeeheee

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great pictures of you sun-puddling, Jack! Mitch found a spot today and he was soaking up the winter sun but mom didn't think to snap a picture of him. Darn!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mith

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sure is grrrreat advise. The sun went away today, I gots a feeling that it ain't comin back fur a loooooong time!

    woos, Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you might be a dork, but you are amazingly good at sun-puddling (which I didn't even know was a real word!)! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a great past-time! And pretty easy to learn! Thanks for teaching us.

    Doggy Kisses,
    Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  7. But Dorky...um...I mean Jackson, I haven't found my cerulean blue photos yet! And now I will be looking for sun-puddles with Katie in them! I don't think I can get it all done! PS: Yes you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soon as I get some sun around here I'm going to take your advise.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stewie has mastered the act of Sunpuddling quite well.

    PS...I'm glad you dognapped the blog today too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great post, and what a great name for it "Sun Puddling" I like it....

    ReplyDelete
  11. My little Sugar Plum is out sun-puddling right at this very moment. She can totally identify with you. My little Meeka on the other hand only wants to lie down wherever I am. Such a mommy's girl. "Dorky" - how adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them