Monday, November 19, 2012

The exploding spud!

Here I was having a wonderful morning - I had been for a car ride with Mom to the bank where she deposited a piece of paper and we got a dog cookie in return.  Then we went to Walgrens Pharmacy where she deposited another piece of paper and we got another dog cookie in return.  I sure do love it when we go to the drive-throughs at the bank and pharmacy. Then we stopped by the store and Mom was so excited to find they had big meaty beef bones today which she got for ME!  I must admit I was a bit disappointed she gave the dweebs one each too - they hadn't been for a car ride to help protect Mom like I had.  She also got some steak and some big potatoes to make dad for his dinner.  Well there we all were chomping away quite happily on our bones when all of a sudden the whole  house shuddered and there was a big explosion!!! It scared the crap ummmm bejeebies out of Mom and I and well you can imagine the Dweebs response - we just saw their tails as they flew out the doggie door to the safety of outdoors.

At first we weren't even sure what the noise was - then Mom began to smell something burning.  She raced to the oven where she had the potato's baking and when she opened the door - one of potatoes had exploded EVERYWHERE. Erk talk about a mess - and YES Mom had pricked them all over before putting them in the oven - so why it exploded we don't know! Thankfully Mom had cooked extra but now we have to wait for the oven to cool down so we can clean it (we meaning Dad and I - he he - won't Dad enjoy that when he gets home!!!!)  (Mom can't do it as she had all her stitches out today and  still has to be really careful about reaching and stretching to far and she still isn't allowed to lift anything - so it looks like a Dad job)  All's I can say - is beware of exploding potatoes although those little crunchy bits sure are tasty!!!!

19 comments:

  1. WOW, never had blow up tators, never even heard of it, scare us, now how about that meaty bone, were is it, surely you didn't just leave it lying around for the dweebs to get!!!

    Your Furiends
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would scare me for sure. I once boiled a pot dry with an egg in it. There was even egg on the ceiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How frightening... do you think it was a suicide potato bomber?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exploding spud in the oven...who'd a thought.

    We've seen brussel sprouts explode in a microwave...but never in an oven. Are you sure it was a spud?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    Sorry about the bone thing...but it's that old 'each one eats one' rule.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! How scary...a little funny now in hindsight...but scary!! See, that's why I don't eat vegitables...BLECH! Give me a bone anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! I've seen and heard potato guns (my husband is a wanna-be redneck), but never heard of one going off in the oven! Glad no one got hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That happened to our mom once too and she had poked the potato too! We hope your dad doesn't mind cleaning up the mess too much. hehehe

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, that is terrible. Mom says it is not an easy job to get that oven cleaned after exploding taters. We hope you get to enjoy some of the crispy skin - we love that part.

    You are so lucky to be able to get those bones, the stores here don't have any good ones for us.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That would have scared us to death. We've never had that happen before.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Exploding Potatoes, what will you guys invent next?

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH Reilly! We have had a Potato EXPLODE here as well. No fun cleaning!

    ~Mason

    ReplyDelete
  12. All we can say is thank goodness no pup was injured from the spud-nik detonation!

    We did laugh at the image of the Dweebs in flight, but hope they weren't too traumatized! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've never had that happen. Must have been an air pocket inside one of those potatoes. Hope your mom's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm...never had that happen, but we would have been terrified! Our mama wants to know whether you are the right person that does the zentangle?? If so, you do AWESOME work!!! Mama would like to know how long you have been practicing as she is just learning!! Thanks!! Hope you are feeling better!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dear, how scary!!! I had burnt a chicken in the oven but not an explosion like yours. So glad that nobody got hurt though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, that must have scared the poop right out of you! Looks like it was a good mess for Dad to clean up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. An exploding spud? How cool! Glad y'all didn't get hurt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them