- Use all that puppy cuteness to the FULL advantage, ear rubs and tummy tickles will follow
- Practice the "big sad eyes" look - the peeps can't resist it
- Learn the fine art of blaming "some doggie"
- Begin training your human immediately - don't go easy on them - they can be stubborn but persistent cute tail wags, lolly-gogging tongues, puppy yaps and funny antics will melt the hardest of hearts and treats in abundance will follow
- Give your Peep lots to do - pooping and peeing occasionally indoors will keep them busy as will digging up their favorite plants in the garden, emptying the indoor trash cans and spreading the laundry around.
- Make them teach YOU new tricks - It is really a way of teaching them to give you treats!
- Give them lots of exercise - while on walkies - don't come when called - it will make them chase after you.
- Learn the fine art of "Hide and Seek" hide some of their favorite items so they have to go searching everywhere for them. It also gives them lots of exercise.
- Teach the peeps not to be greedy - they need to learn to share - especially cookies and other yummies we are not supposed to have.
- When being accused of doing something VERY naughty - LIMP - feign a paw injury - trust me - this one works like a charm - irritable peeps will all of a sudden become a cooing "poor baby - did you hurt yourself" peep. All naughtiness will be forgotten. As soon as they mention a car ride to the vet - start walking around happily on all 4 feet again :)
Friday, June 13, 2014
Advice for Dui
We heard that the newest addition to blogville - little Dui - is in need of some training tips. Now as a supremely intelligent dog .....I am only too happy to share my wealth of knowledge - just don't let the peeps read this as these are TOP SECRET training tips!