Saturday, June 14, 2014

Chewy.com - Orbee-Tuff Sport Ball Review

14 June 2014

Today thanks to Chewy.com - I THE DENNY am getting to do a review all by myself. See the other day Mom was mowing the lawn on the "Red Beastie" (ride on lawnmower) when she ran over my most favorite ball - it was devastating !!!!!!!!!!  Now admittedly with all the rain we have had the grass was so long she didn't see it but she heard it as it squeaked it's final squeak, flew around under the mower and then got spit out and hit the fence in bright yellow fuzzy pieces.  I know - the details are gory ....and I think I am still in shock!

Well thankfully Chewy.com and Mr Andrew came to the rescue because one of this months review items was "Planet Dog" balls. Mom quickly sent an email and said we would be happy to review a the new Orbee-Tuff Sport Ball.

Here Are The Basics

  • Durable
  • Buoyant
  • Minty flavored
  • Bouncy
  • Has space for treats inside
  • Made in the USA
  • Cost $9.95 (Sale Price)

The Play Test
Now this looks like a tennis ball but it isn't fuzzy and I was a bit scared skeptical of it  to begin with. It also smelled different too and I wasn't sure about that either.

Mom pondered for a moment - then she washed the ball and rubbed it all over ME !  What kind of strange ball game is this oh my DOG ...I didn't like that at all !!!!!

BUT - then Mom did something totally AMAZING with it - she put YUMMY treats inside it..... nice smelly stinky salmon treats - my most favorite and that Orbee ball suddenly became irresistible ! Mom would throw it and I would chase it and little bits of freeze dried salmon would fall out - what a wonderful magical ball it is.


Positives
I do like this one being a soft rubber - it means I can leave it outside and it won't get soggy when it rains. Of coarse it might get run over with the "Red Beastie"  if I do that.

Rating
Now as much as I LOVE playing with this ball - I am only going to give it 3 paws rating. It loses a point because it doesn't squeak and I love me a good squeaky ball and also because the treat section seems like a good idea - but it is so small that it is hard to find treats small enough to go in it and if you crumble treats up small enough to fit - they also fall straight back out again. Now even though I am a BIG STRONG boy - I found this ball is also a bit to heavy for my little mouth.
Disclaimer 
 Chewy.com sent us an Orbee Ball in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated for our review in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.



13 comments:

  1. I've never tried that planet dog ball! It does look a little bit bigger than our beloved orbees, but we'll have to give it a try.

    Good review Mr. Denny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What no squeak and nowhere for treats? Hmmm think you have a valid point or two there Dweeb. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. BaaaaWaaah THE Denny.... you crack us up.

    OMD your mom Deaded your favorite ball... and she heard it's final Squeak??? R.I.P. Dear furend Ball.

    BUTT WAIT.... there's a NEW ball in town. THAT is super duper FANGTASTIC. CHEWY and Mr. Andrew to the RESCUE fur SURE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the color of this ball,it's easy to find in the grass and you will never forget it at the park or in your back yard. Have a great flag-day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We both got PlanetDog balls only your is furless and ours has fur on it, Denny! They're the most funnest toys, aren't they!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like an amazing ball. Phod would love to play with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were wondering about that ball. Thanks for the review!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  8. We almost chose the ball as a review. It looks fun
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for that outstanding information! I hope it doesnt find its way under another grass chopping beast.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. But we like ripping the skin off tennis balls best!

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great review-isn't Mr. Andrew just the best! WE love all their products and are thankful for their program.
    Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for the review.
    Noreen & Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay I want to know - how do I get to be a part of Chewy.com? I WANT that ball!! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think we are supposed to be getting this ball to review this month but we think the order got lost. Looks like a great toy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them