- Use all that puppy cuteness to the FULL advantage, ear rubs and tummy tickles will follow
- Practice the "big sad eyes" look - the peeps can't resist it
- Learn the fine art of blaming "some doggie"
- Begin training your human immediately - don't go easy on them - they can be stubborn but persistent cute tail wags, lolly-gogging tongues, puppy yaps and funny antics will melt the hardest of hearts and treats in abundance will follow
- Give your Peep lots to do - pooping and peeing occasionally indoors will keep them busy as will digging up their favorite plants in the garden, emptying the indoor trash cans and spreading the laundry around.
- Make them teach YOU new tricks - It is really a way of teaching them to give you treats!
- Give them lots of exercise - while on walkies - don't come when called - it will make them chase after you.
- Learn the fine art of "Hide and Seek" hide some of their favorite items so they have to go searching everywhere for them. It also gives them lots of exercise.
- Teach the peeps not to be greedy - they need to learn to share - especially cookies and other yummies we are not supposed to have.
- When being accused of doing something VERY naughty - LIMP - feign a paw injury - trust me - this one works like a charm - irritable peeps will all of a sudden become a cooing "poor baby - did you hurt yourself" peep. All naughtiness will be forgotten. As soon as they mention a car ride to the vet - start walking around happily on all 4 feet again :)
Friday, June 13, 2014
Advice for Dui
We heard that the newest addition to blogville - little Dui - is in need of some training tips. Now as a supremely intelligent dog .....I am only too happy to share my wealth of knowledge - just don't let the peeps read this as these are TOP SECRET training tips!
Posted by Cowspotdog at 6:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Katie seconds this excellent advice.ReplyDelete
Excellent advice for grown up dogs too Reilly. I especially like the feigned paw injury one.ReplyDelete
BOL! Some pawsome advice dar for training your human. hehehe.ReplyDelete
OMD 8 9 and 10 are BRILLIANT ideas. THOSE will get him off to a WONDERFUL start.ReplyDelete
Oh I agree 100% my friend. And Dui - remember, you will require LOTS of training. With LOTS of training comes extra treats. Don't learn anything really quick - make it last for as many treats as you can get :) XOXO - BaconReplyDelete
You should write a book for puppies to train their humans.ReplyDelete
Pawsome advice Reilly and we think the limp act is inspired. Dui is gonna nail those we are sure. Have a fabulous Friday.ReplyDelete
Best wishes Molly
We laughed so hard. We thought #6 was good -- then when we read #10, that was Genius! We will totally remember #10 for a special occasion when blaming Aliens just won't work! Love it!ReplyDelete
Oh that is just great advice, isa needs to remember about the limping to use on my momma and daddy!!ReplyDelete
These tips could have been written by my little sis, Bailie. Very good points!ReplyDelete
#10 is brilliant!ReplyDelete
Oh, my. You are SO very wise! I learned a lot from your list; I'm sure Dui did, too.ReplyDelete
OOOOOO, pawsome advice! I wish I had trained my human that way. Instead I just bark at her until she does what I want. BOL!ReplyDelete
Great advice. So far I've been VERY good about not leaving puddles and stuff in the house. I always follow Roxy outside and go where she goes.ReplyDelete
But I understand about those treats...SHE is VERY stingey. I even have to eat ALL my kibble BEFORE I'm allowed meat. It's going to be hard to train HER about THAT!
Thanks for all your advice,
Oh, we're gonna use that #10. That is a most wonderful tip!ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley
Dat are some pawsome advice!ReplyDelete
Crikey .... Sound advice. Dui is going to be a genius with all the advice he is getting. He'll need it though living with all those sheilas.ReplyDelete
I did not know about #10 until now! Thank for not helping out Dui, but it looks like a lot of other pups to with such thoughtful advice!ReplyDelete
These are fabulous tips, guys! Dui is one lucky pup to get so much great advice!ReplyDelete
Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly
Great tips guys sure wish I would have had some experienced pals like you when I was a puppy! Dui is adorable who's is he? Love DollyReplyDelete