Items to price this month:
- Water. Let’s shoot for a price on a 24 pack of water. This is something that we use every day and can’t live without. Some people drink it straight from the faucet while others of us buy bottles. What is the price of a 24 pack of water in your area and what brand? - Mom is so fussy on this - she will ONLY drink Spring water and only Ozarka - 24 bottles cost $4.69
- Bath Soap. Something ‘most’ of us use when we shower – or I hope so anyway snorts. What brand do you get, how many boxes together and how much. I say how many boxes because I know sometimes they are sold in packages of 1 or 2 – sometimes more. - Again Mom is blame for being fussy - she only buys Glycerine soap and gets its specially made from a local soap maker. It is Eucalyptus and Mint Scented and both Mom and Dad love it because it doesn't dry out their skin. A bar costs $2.99 but they are huge so Mom cuts them in half.
- Deodorant. This is something that has blown mom’s mind lately – the price of deodorant – WOW! Again, this is something that most of us use every day or should. Tell us what brand you get and how much. - You guessed it - fussy Mom - she will only buy Mitchum Clear Gel - she always waits until they have a special 2 containers for the price of 1 and it cost $3.39. She stocks up so she has enough to last the year and does the same for Dad's Men's Mitchum.
- Laundry Detergent. Another product that is important in our lives while washing our clothes. What kind do you buy, the price and size. - Miss Fussy Pants strikes again - she will only use Tide Free 2.95 Liters (funny how Americans use metric on Laundry Detergent) and it costs $11.95
- Random Item. This is something that we are going to start incorporating every month. This is your choice. List a random item from your area, what it is and the price. ALL YOUR CHOICE. - Now we love Ritz Crackers - and look what we found - Ritz Crackers that are meant just for our Buddy Bacon - see they even have his name on the box so his Mom and Dad won't steal them. The cost $2.99 for a box.
Boys - "What do you mean Mom - it says Bacon right on the box."
Mom - "Yes it does but they are bacon flavored!"
Boys - "OHHHHHHHHHH - sorry Buddy :)"
Mom - "You can tell him we didn't like them and will stick to the plain ones"
You guys crack me up all the time....Ritz for your Buddy....lol.ReplyDelete
When we were with friends in England we discussed all the odd mixes of metric and imperial that we all use... I learned measurement when growing up in Canada so imperial and the mix of the both systems still baffles me (and makes me laugh!) Ahem: we have bottled spring water delivered and it is $6.95 a gallon. We buy liquid bath soap and it's $10 for 32 ounces. Remember when cheap but it still worked deodorant was $1 or so? Yeah. Ours is $5 for a 2.5 ounce stick (but I admit to being picky on this one because I only use the very best, all natural, no metals or chemicals kind.) The laundry soap is super premium all natural too: 64 ounces is around $12 but I try to stock up when it's on sale. Random item? I'll stick with a staying clean theme: our all natural toothpaste is $7 per 6 ounce tube.ReplyDelete
Haahahaha oh I do love a Ritz cracker boys :)and yes Mitchum has been around since I was a wee gal :)I think all laundry stuff is getting crazy expensive :) thanks for joining our shopping trip guys..i did mine today....urghhh ;) almost got some lollygobble bliss bombs...but behaved :) hugs and loves Fozziemum xxReplyDelete
Gulps and snorts. Bacon flavored Ritz crackers. Oh no. I don't even want to ask what makes them bacon flavored. Nope. Shakes little piggy head. But I kind of like your mom's idea that they are MINE because they have MY name on them guys - snorts.ReplyDelete
Awesome prices my friends. I just absolutely LOVE seeing these every month! Thanks for pawticipating. XOXO - Bacon
Very similar prices. But a little less than here.ReplyDelete
Lily & Edward
You guys are great shoppers! I think when Mommy shops, she just closes her eyes and hopes for the best!ReplyDelete
Mom says everytime she goes to the store the prices seem to get higher and higher, which means we get less and less...(that's not true stella you always get more)ReplyDelete
Mom and Stella Rose
I didn't know there were bacon ritz!ReplyDelete
I think laundry detergent is sooo expensive, but the manufacturers got us because we have to have it!
Jeff will only use glycerin soap too. Yours sounds like it smells delicious.
Seems mom's know what they want when it comes to special things. I like Riz crackers too, they are a childhood memory. Riz crackers &comics&coke - the best mix ever .Oh and Barry Manilow ... Oh Mandy lolReplyDelete
Oh that soap sounds wonderful. I used to be very choosy about everything that I bought. Then, I got older, the kids moved out, and I realized we could save a fortune on Kroger brands. I draw the line at bath soap and toilet paper though. I stay picky. ☺ReplyDelete
Our mom buys that TIDE stuffs TOO... butt she gets a bigger thingy from Sam's club...ReplyDelete
Love that you got BACON some Crackers.. that CRACKers us up.
This shopping day is so fun to see the different prices everywhere.ReplyDelete
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta
We always think these comparisons are very interesting! Mom loves Tide but she likes the smelly one. She can smell Tide a mile away!ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley
Candidates For Mayor of Blogville 2014
"Use Your Noodle & Vote For A Doodle!"
We only get Ozarka water too, Mom says it tastes the closest to fresh spring water. And we also use Tide, but Mom likes it with bleach:) Now about those Ritz - BACON??? We need to taste a few of those:)ReplyDelete
Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning
Very interesting! But buying water is such a waste of money come on! Use a Britta pitcher and I sure hope you recycle those bottles. Love DollyReplyDelete
Aren't those bacon Ritz's just the bestest!ReplyDelete
Mitch and Molly
Wish I could eat those Ritz, they sound great!ReplyDelete
I don't know about the prices, but sign me up for bacon crackers!ReplyDelete
Our Mama also uses Tide...but it costs a little more here!ReplyDelete
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
Ritz crackers are pretty expensive here because they're imported butt we have our own version called Bacon Kips...our dada LOVES them!! Mom can't stand them because she says they repeat on her, whatever that means.ReplyDelete
Wally & Sammy
PeeS: sorry Bacon!
We find it amusing too that there are certain items and situations where only metric is used. Get some of those bacon crackers...they sound real yummers!ReplyDelete