Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The lonely path I walk

You may not know this but for the last two years we have patiently waiting for a brother or sister of mine to arrive. Mom and dad wanted to get another white sheltie like me and they just love my personality and temperament so much they wanted to get one from my original dog mom and dad who both carry the white recessive gene that creates white shelties. We had paws and fingers crossed last year but it didn't happen and mom was very disappointed. Again we crossed our paws and fingers this year so when we heard that my dog mom and dad were hopefully expecting we got very excited again. Sadly we heard yesterday that it didn't take and again there is not to be any little brother or sister for me. My mom dog (her name is Bailey) unfortunately doesn't have puppies easily she has to have a procedure called artificial insemination done (that is how I also came about) and although she was there on time at the vets, it just didn't work. It will be next February before mom dog Bailey can try again and maybe third time will be lucky. Until then, I shall just walk a lonely path by myself. I know my mom and dad just love me like crazy but it would be nice to have a brother or sister to play chase or bitey face with. Maybe next year.

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that was a sad post. Sometimes things happen for a reason Reilly. What will be will be.
    We will try crossing our basset paws over here in Scotland - that often does the trick.
    love
    Martha & Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Reilly, we're so sorry to hear that you won't get a baby brother or sister again this year! Try not to be lonely! You have me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhh Reilly, so sorry you aren't going to get a brother or sister soon. It would be so much fun for you! (and for your human mom and dad!) Maybe sometime next spring! Meanwhile remember we're all out here, maybe that way you won't be quite so lonely...in a cyber sort of way anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't be sad and lonely. We are here for you. That's what friends are for. You could always borrow Tucker. He is good company.

    Lots of treats,
    Tinkerbell, Oscar and Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, poor you Reilly. Maybe you could get a brother or sister from a different Mum?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Reilly, you've made us all sad now :( :( We hope you'll get your brother or sister one day! The good thing about being an only dog is that you don't have to share your Mom, so you better make the most of it while you still can because once the little puppy arrives she'll be VERY busy :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Essex lived with Dog Dad for was almost three years before Deacon came along in December 2006. It has been fun to have him around.

    Essex & Deacon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe you could get a relative? Maisies' dad is one of my half-brothers kids. I sooo like having her here. You will like a brother or sister. they are fun.
    Morgan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them