Friday, July 8, 2011

How Denny Got His Name

Now some of you may be wondering how Denny got his name. No - he isn't named after the restaurant chain (which Mom and Dad saw a lot of in Kentucky but not here in Arkansas) No - Mom wanted a good Scottish name and of coarse wanted a name ending in 'y' or ie' as us doggies tend to respond better to names with those on the end. Dad of coarse bought up "Clancy" yet again - both Mom and I rolled our eyes and sighed and both said "NO". "Well what about another name from my favorite movie?" Dad said. His favorite movie is "The Man From Snowy River." Mom thought for a bit and then said "what was the horses name in the movie?" It was of coarse - Denny. By co-incidence the horse was a red roan in color. Mom then checked the Scottish boys names site she had open and there is was - Denny and the meaning of it "red headed one." I mean to say - how perfect was that! So that is how Denny got his name and we had it picked out a week before he came home and even better - it suits him perfectly and he already responds to it.
Photobucket

18 comments:

  1. That's so great! What a perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT! And what a great picture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great name story! And it most certainly does suit him pawfectly :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect Name! And he looks just like he should be 'Denny' too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love the name! One of Mom's favorite movies is The Man from Snowy River, and one of her favorite bosses was named Dennis!

    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great name, and now that we know the background it is a pawfect name. He is just so beautiful. Makes our Mom think so much of her Shane.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great name story. Denny is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Denny's name! It fits him perfectly! :)

    Woofs & hugs,

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A pawsome name for a pawsome boy. We think Reilly and Denny will make an outstanding pair.

    Essex & Dog Dad

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Reilly! And welcome Denny! Mum be going all squee over how cute you is! We like your name Denny and I still like to rearrange the bath mats even now! I wish I could get a puppy to play with Reilly, I thinks you is lucky and I hope you don't start calling him thing!
    ~lickies

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cutie. We love names that have a special meaning like that. I am named after my Daddy's favorite TV show. The Mama and the Daddy knew that my name would be Kolchak before they even knew what kind of dog I would be or where they would find me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And all this time Mom was thinking 'Boston Legal' and Denny Crane! ;-)

    *kissey face*
    -Fiona and Abby the Hippobottomus

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denny has the perfect name! Denny looks like a Denny to us!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  14. That IS the perfect name for him!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh My Dog - can anything possibly get any cuter? I don't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great name for such a super cute pup!

    AROOOOOF!
    Boondocks and The Love Shack Pack

    ReplyDelete
  17. Denny is a great name and I love the story behind it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them