We were recently asked by Viva La Dog Spa to do a review of some of their products. We were sent a bottle of Gold Medal Whitening Shampoo and a container of Doggie Facial Wipes (We will review those later). Now as you can guess - the Dweeb and I were not to happy about this particular review - not because of the product but because we HATE, LOATHE, DETEST and just plain don't like baths. But being the brave doggies we are (and the constant bribing with cookies) we stoically undertook the task.
Here are the Basics
- Great for both dogs and cats, Gold Medal Whitening Shampoo is specially formulated to brighten white coats and highlight all coat colors while gently cleansing.
- Gold Medal Pets with Cardoplex is a REVOLUTIONARY dog shampoo developed to wash and dry your pets faster, so bathing is easier, more enjoyable and less stressful for everyone.
- The Cardoplex system is a unique proprietary trade secret that will wash, rinse and dry faster. Whether an owner air, towel, or blow dries the will notice a definite difference. These formulas incorporate fruit acids, vitamins and fast-acting proteins to aid in water sheeting off the pet’s coat quickly and easily.
- Pro-vitamin B-5 is a moisturizing ingredient that adds luster and shine to the pet coat, as well as thickens the hair, which helps prevent future damage. Other extracts may be used in formulas to condition, moisturize, and protect the coat, and add luster and shine.
- We really like the purple color of the shampoo as it makes it so easy to see where you washed and if you have missed any spot. It lathers really well and washes off easily.
- It really did help to dry our fur a lot faster than normal.
- It has a nice light scent
|Mom - I can't believe you are showing this|
|I'm a soggy doggy !|
- Gold Medal is a thick, rich shampoo that cleans, brightens and highlights white coats and dark coats without the use of harmful chemical optical brighteners. Gold Medal base contains special Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins in a unique hydrating complex that combines moisture-balancing and film-forming properties. These ingredients work synergistically to provide maximum manageability to the animal's coat. Chamomile extract is essential to the formula as a natural moisturizing agent. Gold Medal Shampoo also contains Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B-5), which promotes retention of moisture, improves manageability, adds body and conditions a damaged coat. Panthenol also contributes to a fuller and more luxurious shine.
Negatives - Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Not Really
- The shampoo did do an excellent job of whitening our coats and also made them feel very soft and silky.
- One thing I did notice though is that it really dried out Reilly's skin - now in all fairness he has very dry skin due to his allergies but he looked liked he had a bad case of dandruff after he dried off and was scratching a lot.
- It didn't affect Denny at all and didn't dry his skin out in any way.
- Reilly will give this product a two paws rating - it was a nice shampoo but just not good for him with his dry skin.
- Denny will give it a 4 paws rating as it really did make his coat very bright and soft.
|Clean and White|
|The best part of a bath is the towel - I LOVE being toweled!|
Disclaimer : Viva La Dog Spa sent us a bottle of shampoo and a container of facial wipes in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated for our review in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.