We were recently asked by Viva La Dog Spa to do a review of some of their products. We were sent a bottle of Gold Medal Whitening Shampoo and a container of Doggie Facial Wipes (We will review those later). Now as you can guess - the Dweeb and I were not to happy about this particular review - not because of the product but because we HATE, LOATHE, DETEST and just plain don't like baths. But being the brave doggies we are (and the constant bribing with cookies) we stoically undertook the task.
Here are the Basics
- Great for both dogs and cats, Gold Medal Whitening Shampoo is specially formulated to brighten white coats and highlight all coat colors while gently cleansing.
- Gold Medal Pets with Cardoplex is a REVOLUTIONARY dog shampoo developed to wash and dry your pets faster, so bathing is easier, more enjoyable and less stressful for everyone.
- The Cardoplex system is a unique proprietary trade secret that will wash, rinse and dry faster. Whether an owner air, towel, or blow dries the will notice a definite difference. These formulas incorporate fruit acids, vitamins and fast-acting proteins to aid in water sheeting off the pet’s coat quickly and easily.
- Pro-vitamin B-5 is a moisturizing ingredient that adds luster and shine to the pet coat, as well as thickens the hair, which helps prevent future damage. Other extracts may be used in formulas to condition, moisturize, and protect the coat, and add luster and shine.
- We really like the purple color of the shampoo as it makes it so easy to see where you washed and if you have missed any spot. It lathers really well and washes off easily.
- It really did help to dry our fur a lot faster than normal.
- It has a nice light scent
|Mom - I can't believe you are showing this|
|I'm a soggy doggy !|
- Gold Medal is a thick, rich shampoo that cleans, brightens and highlights white coats and dark coats without the use of harmful chemical optical brighteners. Gold Medal base contains special Hydrolyzed Wheat Proteins in a unique hydrating complex that combines moisture-balancing and film-forming properties. These ingredients work synergistically to provide maximum manageability to the animal's coat. Chamomile extract is essential to the formula as a natural moisturizing agent. Gold Medal Shampoo also contains Panthenol (Pro-vitamin B-5), which promotes retention of moisture, improves manageability, adds body and conditions a damaged coat. Panthenol also contributes to a fuller and more luxurious shine.
Negatives - Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Not Really
- The shampoo did do an excellent job of whitening our coats and also made them feel very soft and silky.
- One thing I did notice though is that it really dried out Reilly's skin - now in all fairness he has very dry skin due to his allergies but he looked liked he had a bad case of dandruff after he dried off and was scratching a lot.
- It didn't affect Denny at all and didn't dry his skin out in any way.
- Reilly will give this product a two paws rating - it was a nice shampoo but just not good for him with his dry skin.
- Denny will give it a 4 paws rating as it really did make his coat very bright and soft.
|Clean and White|
|The best part of a bath is the towel - I LOVE being toweled!|
Disclaimer : Viva La Dog Spa sent us a bottle of shampoo and a container of facial wipes in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated for our review in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.
Denny looks like he has a security blanket, like Linus! How sweet that he loves being toweled.ReplyDelete
How the heck does it make them dry faster? That is interesting!
Oh no shamppoch???? Yikes don't these humans realise furs and water do not mix. Have a fabulous Friday.ReplyDelete
Best wishes Molly
Wow…. You to are really BRIGHT WHITE. I need to put my shades on.ReplyDelete
guess what? my mom uses a blue shampoo too for her fur (otherwise her fur would look pee-colored). maybe she should try yours, because sometimes she looks like one of that smurfs lol thanks for a great review!ReplyDelete
What is with all the baths around here lately?!? I'm getting nervous...ReplyDelete
It is hard to find a shampoo that is good for dry skins. Glad it made you two super sparkly white though!
Wonderful review...since Arty has allergies also, we know it may not be for him. Dory, our only "white" dog, may benefit from it!!ReplyDelete
That's the last thing we need is dry skin. Good reviewReplyDelete
Lily & Edward
Clean and ready to go!ReplyDelete
I'll have to look into this more. Neither of mine have shown skin issues, so hopefully that wouldn't be an issue. Since they're both white, we're always looking for a good whitening shampoo!ReplyDelete
Looking great :)ReplyDelete
We KNOW these pawducts... and they are very GOOD... We LOVE the VIVA facial Wipes... In FACT mom used one on ME (Frankie F.) just TODAY... before we left fur my Dogtor Eye Ball check up.ReplyDelete
As we're scotties, we'll give it a miss...bwahaahaa!ReplyDelete
Yep, good stuffs, we use it! Has not helped out the whiteness though! HeheheReplyDelete
The Mad Scots
You both look terrific and we agree - the toweling off part is the bestest part!ReplyDelete
Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly
I was worried it would turn your black and brown spots white too, but I'm glad to see that did not happen!ReplyDelete
Thanks for this honest review! Dakota reviewed their wipes a couple of years ago, I really love their wipes.ReplyDelete
Have never tried this. Absolutely LOVE your photos!
You guys look FABulous!!!!! I don't thinks I need the whitening though. ☺ReplyDelete
And I need more of an anti-stink shampoo. Ma says I stink. Whatevers.
And I likes dryin' off on the furniture...Ma tries to catch me with a towel, butts she's a snail-butt!
Y'all are lookin good!ReplyDelete
It's hard to find a "just right" shampoo and one type does not fit all. Great review!ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley