Sunday, May 15, 2011

Walking in the tree tops












We went somewhere new today - a place called Crowley Ridge Conservation Center. It was sooooo cool. They had a wonderful walk way that goes up over the lake so you feel like you are walking in the tree tops and then comes right back down to water level. It was very well built and there was no chance of me or "IT" falling off. The other amazing thing around our whole city is the smell of honeysuckle - it is growing and flowering wild EVERYWHERE. Even at the park. It can be a bit over powering when you get close to it but Mom and Dad both kept saying how beautiful it smelled. We also got to see some HUGE doggies today - Mom said they are breed called horses. They are very odd dogs - they seem to really like eating grass. Now I am quite partial to some tasty grass myself - but not in the quantity those guys were eating it. We were also surprised to see all the new houses being built - BIG houses at that. Obviously people in this area haven't heard there is a recession thingy happening. Dad talks about it a lot. I think it is some kind of monster but I don't know how monsters and building houses go together. Anyway, we had a wonderful and scented walk and I am one happy doggie. Remember you can click on the photos to see them bigger.

Please go and say Happy Barkday to Burt - he is three today and not many pups have visited him and he is so cool ! He also had tough first year so to make it to three is a real milestone.


Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Hi Reilly, that looks like a really pawsome place. But I bet all them flowers would make Mum sneeze!
    hehe. What a great giveaway you had whilst I been on hol-ee-day! Ohno! Bath torture, how mean. I will go visit your friend Burt now.
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a very nice day. Are those things your mom calls a horse really some kind of new age lawn mover??? I bet M.O.M. would ie one of those to use in her new back yard!!
    Hugs and wags, Mistaya and Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just stopped over to wish him a happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I want to walk in the treetops! It is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great place for a long walk! Watch out for ticks with all those trees though. They've been really bad lately at my favorite walking place so I haven't been there in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool walk that must have been! Mom loves the smell of honeysuckle. We don't know Burt, but we are all for birthday wishes.

    Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks like an amazing place to walk! Did you see lots of birds too?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We agree - the smell of honeysuckle is just AWESOME!

    Love ya lots,
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's my first visit here.. I surfed in from Bert's page. You are a good looking doggie and I look forward to getting to know you better!

    AROOOF!
    Boondocks

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful place to walk!! Thanks for sharing it with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That must be really cool to walk on top of those trees!!! Amazing!!! I wonder whether my mom is brave enough to walk on it though, she has chicken feet most of the time when it comes to the 'height'.
    ~ Eva

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cool place to visit. Katy and I would love to travel to somewhere like that. Katy and I go to a doggy daycare on a horse farm so I grew up with those animals.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like a wonderful place to walk!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them