Monday, January 21, 2013

Musing on Monday #5

D.I.E.T.S - Dogs Inadvertently Eating Tasty Snacks

The Mom in all her craziness wisdom decided that we furbies needed to loose some weight and she put us on a strict diet. Now since this happened - and it is PURELY coincidental - DIET monsters have also moved into our house.

It began when our WHOLE box of bedtime cookies disappeared while Mom and Dad were in San Antonio. Gone - the box and cookies just seemed to have disappeared into thin air. Then last week - a half a packet of buttery crackers went missing off the Dad's coffee table.  Saturday night - half a container of Pringles went missing off the same coffee table - although the monsters are getting clever for this time they left incriminating evidence to try and frame US! - the chomped up container - minus the contents was found out in somedogs favorite corner of the garden.

Now we know you are thinking - that one of us dogs is to blame but may I point out that since December 25 which is when mom forced encouraged us to go on this diet (great Christmas present MOM!) - I have lost 2.5 pounds and Dweeb Denny has lost 2 pounds. The proof speaks for itself don't you think - if we were to blame for these foodibles going missing how could we possibly loose weight at the same time? It's a dilemma I think but you know what fellow furbies - I would highly recommend this "D.I.E.T.S"  thing cause it seems to be working for us!

16 comments:

  1. What a fantastic diet. I've been on one for as long as I remember which is why I'm always hunting for food for myself. It is now almost 2am and I've chucked out almost everything I ate today. 4 times. I'm feeling very slim now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee, a mystery. I know aliens play a lot of pranks at Lassie & Benji's house....maybe they are the culprit?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We think you were framed by squirrles. They are always doing nutty things like that.

    Essex & Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on losing the weight so far

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep it is a mystery. We know you are innocent. AsI always say, blame the cat, any cat will do. Have a marvelous Monday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diets, for me it is gain weight in the winter walk it off in the warm months. That is my style.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who could have eaten all those snacks? Love your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a mystery. You could make quiet a few green papers selling this remarkable diet plan.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. So if my assistant starts eating lots of Pringles, she will lose some weight????

    Your pal, Pip

    p.s.: nice work on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We seem to have a case of Diet monsters here aswell! But who cares when you can loose all that weight! Happy dieting!
    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your weight loss! Monsters are the only explanation I can think of for what happened to all those people foods.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmmmmmm. We think Somedoggy has been visiting...maybe Jacky! We're not going to show HER anything about DIETS!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You need to keep that diet thingy underwraps, we kinda like the eating your way to better health, it seems to be working for you two.

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  14. we don't need any diets over here. Cause we have big muscles not fats
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  15. Woof! Woof! GREAT and love the D.I.E.T.S Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them