- Toilet Paper – this should be really interesting. Note what kind you buy with how many rolls and the price. We are very fussy about this and only buy Charmin Ultra Soft - we get it at Sams club in bulk and pay $17.97 for 18 rolls.
- Regular package of ground beef. - Again we are fussy - Mom will only buy Ground Sirloin which costs $8.99 a pound - but we get 3 meals out a pound so its not that bad.
- Store bought pizza. Note what kind you buy with the price - We really like the Sam's Choice Crispy Thin Crust Bacon Chicken and Carbonara Sauce - it costs $4.99
- Package of hot dogs – Note what kind you buy with the price - We always use to get the Hebrew National but they gone up to $5.99 for a packet of 8 so now when Dad wants a hot dog it is just Oscar Mayer Jumbo's and they are $1.99 a packet of 8
- Package of bacon – Note what kind with the price. Mom is ultra fussy on this - she ONLY likes the Oscar Mayer Thick Cut bacon 1 lb pack - she HATES really smokey flavored bacon and this Oscar Mayer one is just perfect - it cost $6.99. Mom just about had a hissy fit when the store said they weren't carrying it anymore - she went to every store in town looking for it and no-one had any - then yesterday - there it was in Walmart. Mom bought 6 packets and put it in the freezer!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
Bacon & Fozzies Shopping Around The World
Bacon and Fozzie again for the shopping trip around the world.
Posted by Cowspotdog at 6:30 AM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Reilly and Denny this Charmin TP seems very popular!! we don't have it here but I still would stick with my puppy print TP :) I am so childish hahha :) and donlt you hate it when a store stops selling your best and most fave thing!! I would stock up too !! think your prices are pretty good..so far we seem dearer :( thankyou so much for shopping with us guys :) hugs Fozziemum xxReplyDelete
Your mom has very particular taste! I can sooooo relate!ReplyDelete
Awesome post my friend! Thanks so much for participating. We love our TP too. There's lot of things to skimp on but daddy says no to skimping on matters of the behind - snorts. XOXO - BaconReplyDelete
Our parents have their specific products, too.ReplyDelete
We have Costco by us - I think it's similar to SAMs Club and we Love their pizza, too.ReplyDelete
Looks like you do some great shopping. Thanks for sharing your prices. LAdy isn't sure about many of our prices, she doesn't eat frozen pizza or hotdogs. She buys her meat and tp at Costco usually.ReplyDelete
Wow - our bacon is up to 9 dollars for the house brand. Yikes!ReplyDelete
Amazing how prices vary from place to place.
Monty and Harlow
We are kind of fussy too. Must get the calculator out and check some of those against our prices. Have a wonderful Wednesday.ReplyDelete
Best wishes Molly
Finally ! Some buddy has higher prices than we doReplyDelete
Lily & Edward
That was very interesting. Mom says the prices in the stores anymore are crazy.ReplyDelete
Happy Shopping! I saw that the most blogvillers prefer charmin and Oscar Mayer & Hebrew Hot Dogs. So I think they MUST be the best :o)ReplyDelete
We get Sam's Club TP fur our house. It is pretty soft.ReplyDelete
Love Sam's fur the bargains.
We are also fussy about meats.
Seems as though TP is one of the most expensive thingys on this month's list... that is kinda crappy if you ask us..
Guess we will tell mom and dad to give up Eating and Coffee drinking... and THAT will save on the TP usage.. BAAAAAWAAAH
Mom is finding this very interesting, all the difference in prices. Don't you just hate it when a store quits carrying something you really like.ReplyDelete
Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta
We're Costco Dawgs over here. Price comparisons are interesting but only for stuffs I can eat or chew. OK, maybe doggie beds too.ReplyDelete
Murphy & Stanley
Our mom will only buy the ground sirloin, too! Our nearest Sam's is pretty far (60 miles?) but we do have the Super WalMart, which is pretty good!ReplyDelete
Same thing happens here. As soon as you like a product, it's gone! Glad you're mum could find some bacon somewhere.ReplyDelete
I was shocked that the Hebrew National Hot Dogs had gone up so much. We switched to Oscar Mayer too! LOL!! Meat has gotten so outrageous that we pretty much just stick with chicken. *I mailed your package today! ☺ReplyDelete
We had no idea that you could freeze bacon. Who would have thought!ReplyDelete
Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly
Darn we missed the shopping trip again! Love DollyReplyDelete
Mom only gets the best burgers too, and we at least get some samples. The price of bacon has gotten ridiculous - good thing the doctor doesn't want Dad to have any.ReplyDelete
Happy Shopping Wednesday.
Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning
Ugh - we're sad to see prices so high here, too. I am so happy to read you found your favorite bacon and enough to stock up! Usually, once it's gone, it's gone.ReplyDelete
We always love seeing these price comparisons too! It is amazing to see how the prices differ across the US and the world!ReplyDelete
Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo
We like the way your mom thinks - buying & freezing good bacon is the way to go, our mom does that too.ReplyDelete
Wally & Sammy