Friday, July 25, 2014

Fractured Fryday Hairy Tales #1

We are joining Murphy and Stanley in their Fractured Fryday Hairy Tales to tell you about a box I received recently. It began like this ......Ms USPS left me a box by my front door and we were so excited to see what was in it.  But ......“When I opened the box I was startled to find . . .” peanuts - icky foam peanuts - what the dog ??????? Mom went digging and finally pulled out 2 bags - one had 40 - YES 40 bully sticks in it and the other bag had some bison treats.













But you know what Mom did next - she did something TERRIBLE - she said they weren't for ME US. WHAT DO YOU MEAN THEY ARE NOT FOR US - I demanded - they are bully sticks and you KNOW how much I love bully sticks.  Mom said she had used the gift card we received from Dolly's giveaway and she had bought these treats for doggies at our local humane society. BUT MOM !!! - they are bully sticks!!!!!!!!!!!  Mom wouldn't budge though and gave us a dental chew instead - can you believe that - a dental chew instead of a bully stick - what is the world coming too????? This may have scared my box opening for life now....I will always be wondering if the goodies inside are actually MINE!  PSSSS - don't tell Mom but the dental sticks were pretty yummy :)













And then guess what - just as I was recovering from the shock of not being allowed any of the bully sticks - Mr UPS Man knocked on our door and there was another box for ME. Maybe my day wouldn't be so bad after all I was thinking. But you are NEVER going to believe what happened next. I had entered my name in a give away for some Pet Naturals Hip and Joint Supplements and we won! Now you all know I have a jippy foot and back so I was all like - "Come on Mom - give me give me I REALLY need those" and Mom said the worst thing any dog could ever hear - apart from the neutering thing - she said SORRY REILLY - YOU CAN'T HAVE THESE - WHAT THE DOG !!!! All my hopes dashed again!!!!  Sadly we asked for beef ones but the ones that came are made from chicken and because of my stupid poultry allergy I can't have them - SO NOT FAIR. Mom is going to add them to the box of goodies for the Humane Society - those are going to be some lucky dogs this month.



29 comments:

  1. OMD,
    You guys got all those box's and can't have just one little treat!
    The travesty of it is so not fair.

    Happeee Fractured Hairy Tales.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  2. And they were right under your nose too! Thanks for pawticipating!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well THS will be happy with all those goodies. Sorry you got chicken flavour and they had to be given away too. Drats. Have a fabulous Friday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Reilly, just think, some dog at the Humane Society is going to be opening a box and writing about how "I opened the box and I was delighted to find..."
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aawww - snorting here my friends. I love your posts! XOXO - Bacon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess what boys we won a bag of those hip vitamins also, mom is giving them to Maggie to help out her gimpy leg!!! That is so nice of your momma to help other doggies.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW guys.... this is an AMAZING story... you have mixed HAPPY with HORROR... you really took us on a WILD ride with this... We were so HAPPY when there were BULLY STICKS... then the HORROR of them going to the Shelter for the sad ones there... then another BOX and we were HAPPY again.. only to have the HORROR of the WRONG thingy being sent.. BUTT WAIT... MORE HAPPINESS fur the sad ones...
    WOW what a read..
    We KNOW that your mom will make this all up to you though. AND it is SOOOOOOOOOO very kind and GENEROUS of your mom to take care of the less fortunate.
    THIS is just WONDERFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is why I bark at the UPS man and his brown truck...you can never trust him. Him and mom must be in cahoots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow what a roller coaster ride of a story. So sad for you but so glad for unlucky pups. Great read. Reilly,
    Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  10. A box of bully sticks denied. Is there anything more cruel.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man. What a major bummer! All that yummy stuff, and none for you. But you are doing a good thing donating it to needy dogs. Karma will come back your way and reward you for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hari Om
    OMDness that is just such a tease!!! All in good causes though; so don't be too peeved...am sure there will be other treats on their way! Hugs and wags YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - I don't know if we would have forgiven our mom...we too adore Bully sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. NO BULLY STICKS FOR YOU??? That is a true horror story! I know the poor homeless puppies will be super excited. I agree that you were definitely given the short end of the bully stick! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. We don't know what is worse - opening a box hoping for treats and finding siding or getting treats and not getting to have any.
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Mom is the best!

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  17. ha! I guessed it... the postam comes always twice, like in that movie. that was the tastiest story today... 40 bully sticks! WOW! Although I love that bully sticks, the idea to bring it to the dogs at local humane society is great! Please give your mom a big shelties-kiss!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YEA! It seems like all our UPS peeps bring to the door lately are books and movies.
    Cammie
    PS: Sorry we've been so behind reading. Mom's been overwhelmed by events and we're trying to get caught up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That is brutal! Have you considering moving to the Humane Society yourself? I thought it was bad that I sometimes have to wait a few days to have my stuff that arrives, but she has never given it away that I know of. So sorry guys! On the other paw, those poor pups will probably appreciate the treats more than we will ever know since I'm not a shelter dog and I don't think you are either.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your mom is the bestest for donating the bully sticks! We bet by and by you'll be getting some too because she loves you boys!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  21. You boys are very lucky and get just about anything you need, you should be so proud of your mom thinking of dogs who aren't as lucky as you. I know that you know this. Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMD that seems very cruel, but on the other hand, there are a lot of pals that don't have the good stuff we do. I guess it is ok, but it must have been very hard for you to do.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  23. We are shakin' our heads. So UNFAIR for you two. But at least they're going to make some poor pups very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We always hear Mom saying something about the third time is a charm - so maybe the next box to come will have wonderful goodies for you to enjoy.

    Happy weekend.

    Woos - Phantom, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  25. Well that's a bummer. Two boxes and nothing for you two. Maybe you'll get some treats soon.
    Wags
    Jazzi

    ReplyDelete
  26. Crikey Reilly and Denny..... your Mom is soooooo thoughtful. That is very nice of her to help others like that. I'm sure you two will understand and anyway ..... good things come to those who wait.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, how sad. You can't even have your own treats.

    Those are some "lucky" shelter dogs, though. that's nice of your mom. ("lucky" because they're in a shelter)

    ReplyDelete
  28. We are sure the shelter dogs would want you to each have at least 1 bully . . . . . it is so kind of you to share!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them