Friday, February 4, 2011

Mom's Present

This is what was in the big box that Dad and I got for Mom's birthday. It's a trickling water fountain. The large rock that the water flows over is a piece of slate and then it has river pebbles on the bottom. It holds five cups of water and Mom just loves it. Personally all that sound of trickling water just makes me want to pee!!! Mom loves these fountains, she finds them very relaxing and they add some moisture to the air as well. Dad had bought one for Mom a couple of Christmas's ago but it stopped working so Mom was very happy to get another one - mind you she gave Dad enough hints so he could hardly go wrong ! Mom and Dad also went out to dinner and Mom has a yummy bowl of Chicken and Gnocci soup (that is all Mom could eat) and Dad had Chianti Braised Short Ribs. I think they were very mean not to bring me back a doggie bag - Mom said I am too young to have alcohol so I couldn't have the ribs and I can't eat red meat anyway. I still would of tried it even if it did upset my tummy! Mom did give me two extra charcoal cookies, so I guess I can't really complain - OKAY, yes I can - they should of bought me home a doggie bag!!!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Oh Reilly, that looks just lovely - we can imagine the soothing sound the water makes.
    A lovely present. The dinner sounds good too although we do believe your mom should have just ordered a steak and wrapped it up for you!
    lots of love
    Martha and Bailey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just had a thought Reilly reading your comment - if you got a toybox with a lid you could put IT inside and close the lid!
    He is quite small after all.....!
    from your kindly basset pals xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know. Somehow a charcol cookie just doesn't sound as good as ribs. Just sayin...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks a lovely present! Mum really likes things like that too.
    Hm, a doggie bag sounds way nicer than your cookies, but after my experience tonight of eating something I shouldn't I'd stay well away if I was you!
    ~lickies, Ludo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very cool present! My mom loves the sound of water too!

    Sorry about no doggie bag for you - charcoal biscuits don't seem to make up for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our mom's friend, Jackie, has one of those trickling water fountains and it's very nice. What a super gift!
    We agree with everyone else - the charcoal cookies just don't cut it, Reilly, but at least it's better than nothing!

    Love ya lots
    Maggie and Mitch

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Reilly...will you tell your Mom THANKS so much for all the beautiful cards!!! I've been using them regularly for birthday cards and notes to people. They all love them! She has been very busy! And so creative! Thank her for me, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had one that looked like that for a long time. The humans got it in the Monterey Bay area years before any of us were here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful present for mom!!
    Having a water fountain in the house is really soothing. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them