Saturday, March 2, 2013

Follow Up Ouchie

Remember last Saturday Mom and Dad rushed me off to the Dogtor VET when I couldn't put my back right leg down on the floor and was hobbling around on 3 leggies. Well  - it took a couple of days and I was able to walk on it again but Mom being the ever vigilant (worry wort) she is ....noticed "something" still wasn't right. I still sort of favored that leggie but she also noticed I have been having trouble getting up  - my rear end doesn't seem to want to support me. She said I a funny gait too - what ever that means!

Mom also noticed I have hardly been moving the last two days - no racing out to tell that EVIL dog that lives behind us off - no racing to my dinner dish at night time, I didn't even get up or get all excited when she said the MAGIC word  "walkies" and that did it - Mom KNEW something was just not right ...so off we went to the dogtor again this morning.

We got to see MY dogtor - Dr W this morning and he gave me a good going over and noticed straight away that my back is ouchie. When he pressed lightly on my spine in one certain spot - my  leggies collapsed and I went down on the floor - very undignified and embarrassing I might add!!!! He doesn't think there is any disks out but he says there is a lot of muscel swelling and the muscels went into spasms after he pressed it.

He has given me some tablets and a shot of prednisone and I also had this really neat "cold laser treatment" - dog oh dog did that feel good. I got to lay on a big softie bed while they worked on me and it causes the body to release endorphins which made me feel sooooooo good. Mom noticed how my ears perked up and I didn't look so sad after it. I have to rest now for a few days and I am going to have 6 more treatments of the laser over the next 3 weeks. Monday I am going to have an X-ray of my spine just to make sure there is nothing else going on - there was too much swelling to do it today. 

27 comments:

  1. Oh dear this is not good news, but props to your vigilant momz for knowing something was wrong and making sure it got fixed...do you know hwat happened? did you jump too high or land bad? Take it easy for a few weeks and I know you'll be back in action chasing that EVIL neighbor dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. We send big love and Power of the Paw. We hope it is just a pulled something or other and rest will heal it. Take it easy. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Reilly! We're sending our best healing wishes your way. Hopefully, you'll be back to going crackers when mom says "walkies" in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Reilly! We're sending our best healing wishes your way. Hopefully, you'll be back to going crackers when mom says "walkies" in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that you got the soothing cold laser treatment.

    Paws Crossed fur you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why to go to your mom. She is a keeper buddy. I hope your treatments help out the ochie.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you have a vigilant Mom. Those things aren't always easy to notice. Get well quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness Riley! That all sounds very ouchie indeed! Good thing your Mom was paying attention, because you're not really the kind of dog that complains. Hope the laser thing works great and you're back to your old self very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, poor Reilly. I hope you are feeling better soon.

    Oreo has had many laser treatments, and they really helped him.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well noe reilly, we got to keep and ear out for how this goes, hope that treatment you loved does the trick buddy!

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, we're worried. We have our paws crossed that the treatment works. You HAVE to be able to bark at the evil dog.....

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am sure glad your Momma's intuition was spot on! Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Reilly, that sounds very painful. You're lucky your mama is so vigilant. I hope Dr Dog gets to the bottom of it and that you feel better soon. Big hugs X p.s. you look super sweet in your piccie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh no, that all sounds awful!! I am glad that the one treatment made you feel better. Paws crossed here that they will find out and fix the problem. In the meantime just relax and chill!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh poor Reilly. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're sending lots of AireZen your way, Reilly. We hope the laser treatments do the trick and you feel better!

    Love ya lots
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  17. We have all our feets crossed for your ouchie back
    Snorts,
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reilly, I am sorry you are having problems, but I am glad you are getting it fixed. I hope you are getting lots of treats and rest.

    I will cross paws for you.

    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  19. We will be sendin' our very best boxer puppy prayers to help you feel better Reilly!

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh no, Reilly - we hope it isn't too serious and that the meds will help a lot. Feel better, pal.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  21. Woof! Woof! Oh no . Sending you Lots of Golden Healing Thoughts. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man, I'm so sorry Reilly!! But I'm glad that the cold laser treatment made you feel a whole lot happier (and hopefully better)! :-) You are totally in my and Domeek's mind...so we are sending tons of positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Reilly if the problem persists you should have the mom check out acupuncture and massages!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh no, your poor back. :( My peep has a back problem and knows how you feel. I hope the treatment works. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ouch! Momma and master have personal experience with muscle spasms of the back and tell me that calming the spasms is the first step to recovery. You just take it easy and get better.

    Kisses,
    Dexter

    ReplyDelete
  26. Sorry to hear about your back Reilly! Sounds like your vet will fix you up in no time. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh no, so sorry to hear about your poor back, Reilly. Our prayers and thoughts are on the way and we hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them