Saturday, March 23, 2013

The "Find It" Game

We loved watching Wyatt do his box hunting and decided to give it go too. Now me - I learned the 'find it' game when I was youngster but when we play 'find it' mom hides treats under the cushions, on the arms of chairs, in shoes etc. We had never tried boxes before. This is my first attempt and you can see I picked up it really fast although I still had to check the cushions as well :)

Mom also wants to teach the Dweeb (Denny) the game - but teaching Denny is a very slow job and requires A LOT of patience - not because he isn't smart (personally I have my own thoughts on that matter !!!!) -  Mom says  he is actually very smart and it is just that he is just SCARED of anything NEW and the boxes - well they were new !!   (He also thinks Dad is NEW every time he comes home at night and it takes him about half an hour before he realizes it is good dad and not a scary bad dad. Anyway you can see for yourself on the video (sorry it is a little bit long). We still have a long way to go with the Dweeb but we are getting there.

Note -  Mom says the reason he kept looking over his shoulder was because I was LOCKED away in the bedroom - can you believe that!!!  Mom says I tend to be a showoff and get tired of waiting for him so I find all the treats myself :)  Mom also started off with a treat in each box and gradually kept removing one so now we are down to one miserable treat and I have to search ALL the boxes to find it - is that fair I ask you?

19 comments:

  1. Awwww, Denny boy, you are so brave! One step at a time buddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tough, when they are fearful of new things. Keltic notices everything new but he's barks and barks at it. Yesterday it was my laptop on the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reilly you are very good at games, As for Denny, we have understanding for his problem, cause I still have five after five years, fear of Strange peeps. You keep working at it Denny, your doing good to get that treat off the box.

    Your Pals
    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw Wyatt's Grrrreat Game Idea... AND we saw YOU over on George the Lad and Tess' Sat. Steps.

    Grrrrreat job on BOTH!!! BRAVO.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha Reilly , we think Denny boy has got it sussed. Why not act scared and you get the treats without having to do anything. LOL! Great game we are so going to try this.
    Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have to try this with Otto! Ruby will be a natural...

    -Bart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great game! Denny is smart to be cautious - never know about those boxes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did FABulous Reilly!! I would have a hard time not destroying the boxes after I ate all the treaties though!!!
    Ma said she had a doggie that was just like Denny. It does take a lot of time and patience, butts every new win is soooo worth it!
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  9. You both did a great job! You'll get better with more practice, Denny!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  10. BOL! Love watching you both on the prowl. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Actually, we think Dweeb...we mean Denny is the smart one. He didn't have to do any work for his treats! But we don't like it when we find something scary.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    We saw you at George's. We didn't know there was anything unSheltie-like about your colouring. We think you're VERY handsome dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job, Denny AND Mom - Lightning wouldn't even dare to come for the farthest away treat - boxes are evil. And Reilly, you did pawesome.

    Woos – Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmm... That looks like a fun game!

    Keep it up Denny, you'll get there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Reilly and Denny, we love you both. Doesn't matter if Denny's still picking things up, we think you guys are cool. Your mom's a good cookie too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay, you're getting there, Denny!

    What a great game and we are going to try it out with Eva and Mika. Don't think Eva is scared of boxes but it might be a fun game for her; Mika is a cautious guy and I'm interested in him.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You both did SUPER! :D

    Way to go Mom for all your patience and ingenuity to get Denny to approach a box :) Paws up to you! :D

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Reilly - this is a brilliant game! now we want to try it too! :-)

    I have to say - you're such a gentleman with the boxes, though - so polite & gentle! I'm not - I get really rough and bash them with my paws and tear them up with my teeth - Hsin-Yi says I probably wouldn't even notice the treats while I'm so busy destroying the boxes! ;-)

    But we're definitely going to try this. Thanks for a great idea!

    Slobbers,
    Honey the Great Dane
    ps. Hsin-Yi says your human sounds so knowledgeable & patient with Denny & his "special needs" - you're so lucky to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha! Awww poor Denny. What a brave guy. My Smoosh is complete terrified of sewer grates. He refuses to walk over them and every time we get near one he literally plasters himself against the nearest wall. I have no idea why. ;)

    xoxo,

    Jules of Canines & Couture
    www.caninesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at you 2 go!! Nose work is a great game. Stanzie and I both enjoy our homework very much. Our lessons are getting more difficult now, as the boxes are still out there, but the treats are hidden in other places. Next, we learn to find other scents...not food...Hmmmm, not sure we care enough, unless it's a live squirrel!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them