Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Springing into spring with Blish

 The "HAND" (that thing that feeds me)  has been very remiss in introducing me - so I will take matters into my own fins!  Hello - I am Blish a Siamese Fighting Fish (or Betta Splenda). I am getting on in years (nearly as old as that BIG Dog Fish that lives here) and have lost a lot of my color but I can still be a feisty little dude when I want to be. Oh - my fins are not raggity either - I am a Doubled Tailed Crown Java Betta and that is the way they are meant to look. The "HAND" just bought me a nice new tank and I am enjoying all the extra room and being able to watch the world outside the water. Do you like the four way me look - I was resting in the corner when the "HAND" snapped this photo.


 Now something I have noticed is a vase of flowers next to my tank and the "HAND" says it is because spring is coming. There are some white daffodils (the "HAND" says they were meant to be yellow) and some purple Hyacinth which are very fragrant. The "HAND" also says the mint is growing again and the parsley - but it is growing outside of the veggie patch and not in it. The "HAND'S" most favorite rose is also growing and she seems most happy about that. I did enjoy having those rose flowers near my tank last year.

I must admit I do like having some greenery around my tank and I even have a nice selection in my tank too. In particular I like to lay on one large leaf with my nose close to the surface because I am a labyrinth fish - that means I breath air and would drown if I couldn't reach the surface. As it is my nature to fight - I have MY tank entirely to myself and I quite enjoy being pampered by the "HAND"


YES - I guess  the "HAND" does take very care of me even if "IT" hasn't shared knowledge of my existence before. Now if only the "HAND" could stop those Dog Fish from swimming past my tank all day long - truly they make me dizzy with all their comings and goings. And why can't they blow silent bubbles like I do instead of making all that noise - it is so loud sometimes it make my tank vibrate!

Time for another nap I think - hopefully it won't take another 5 years before the "HAND" shows me off again.

15 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you Blish. Have a wonderful splish splash Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh , you are very pretty!! and we love the flowers, we wish ours were up here.

    wags
    Jazzi and Addi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah it looks like spring at your house for sure! That is one beautiful fishy!
    stella rose and mags

    ReplyDelete
  4. well Blish, nice to meet you, your one very pretty fishy, and yes it is nice to see the green stuff again.
    Your Pals
    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Blish. We have very loud dog fish, too. Haven't had any traditional fish in years. Looking forward to some flowers when the snow finally clears.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are purty Blish!!
    I know we dog fish can be annoyin'!! Sorry abouts that, butts we are never boring!! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love that kaleidoscope picture of you. We'd have our noses right up against your tank if we lived there.

    Looks like Spring might be busting out all over at your house.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woof! Woof! Oh! Golden Thanks for the lovely flower photos. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  9. You were hiding out all these years! You sure are beautiful! Glad the big dog shared his blog with you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Blish - nice to meet you. We have never seen a fish like you. Our human sister used to have a beautiful blue beta but only Phantom was here then. You have a very nice home - the Hand does a great job with all her pets, doesn't she?

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you Blish. You are a very cool looking fishy.

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Blish!
    Wow, you are gorgeous and so very interesting! My crabby girls are really happy to meet you and learn about your life. You are now entered in their new contest!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP
    and
    Shelldon & Beachnut

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them