Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Giant Mosquitos

Me - the BIG DOG is being attacked by mosquito's (scratch scratch scratch) and I am not a happy chappy at the moment - they itch so bad and (scratch scratch scratch) I am driving myself and Mom and Dad crazy with my scratching!!!!!
We are wondering if any doggies (scratch scratch scratch) have ever tried a doggy safe mosquito repellant they could recommend (scratch scratch scratch)? We have sprayed the yard and under the deck but living in a rice growing area (they flooded the fields two weeks ago) the mosquito's are TERRIBLE this time of year (scratch scratch scratch)  and the ones we have here are the worse of the worse. They actually hurt when they bite you  - like a bee sting! and the bite hurts for up to an hour afterwards and then the itching starts and the bites swell up and become huge blisters (scratch scratch scratch). Mom and Dad have lived all over the USA and have never had reactions to mosquito's like they do to the ones here.

Now I know you are probably wondering how they can bite me through all this fur (scratch scratch scratch) - but my fur is actually really thin now due to my allergies - unlike the Dweeb who is big old walking powder puff! You know I love sitting out on MY deck in the early morning before it gets too hot (scratch scratch scratch) but Mom is saying she might have to keep me inside!!!  My tick and flea treatment is supposed to repel mosquito's but someone obviously forgot to tell them that (scratch scratch scratch)!

20 comments:

  1. Yea, we are having the same problem here. I have some pretty big bug bites myself. Not sure the bigs are so big this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they are those giant mosquito's that they were talking about on the news the other night, their bite is supposed to hurt really bad.
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no we hope you find a good repellent. We can't help as we have no mossies here. Good luck. Have a wonderful Wednesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm...good question. Time to ask the vet. I was also wondering if the mosquito repellant things that people wear can be safely attached or placed near you to keep the mosquitoes away? Here's a link to the product: http://www.tvb.ca/pages/off+clip-on+mosquito+repellent+attracts+swarms+of+consumers_htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, I'm sorry about those darn mosquites!! Boo! I've been scratching like crazy too, the last couple of weeks! Hopefully someone can give you a product or two to try! Might I suggest a nice calming shampoo to substitute until you find a repellent (at least your skin might like it)?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing can stop a monster like that, they would carry us off!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  7. We forget the proportions butt you could probably find it on line.. a Mixture of Avon Skin So Soft and eucalyptus oil and it keeps skeetas away.

    ALSO... BOUNCE Fabric Softener Sheets... you could slip them through the collar and let them stick out.. THAT works really well butt only BOUNCE Brand works...

    AND a mix of half water and half LISTERINE... Original type.. can be sprayed on...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're lucky... we done see very many squitos here on the west coast. Hope somebuddy has a recommendation for you that helps you with all the scratchies!

    Sam and Pippen

    ReplyDelete
  9. We use citronella based shampoos and sprays. Farnam Flea and Tick spray is great!!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh no! Hoping you feel better soon! Now you have me worried sick about Dakota!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mutant mozzies? They sound awful. Now, who would have thought anyone would ever put up a statue to a mosquito?

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Holy Cows(potdog)!! BOL
    That is one big mosquito there guys!
    Sorry, don't have an answer for you, luckily that is one thing that hasn't hit me so far.
    Hopes you can stop itchin' soon Reilly!
    Kisses,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Avon's Skin So Soft is supposed to work well for humans, but best to check if it is safe for dogs first. It has been such a wet spring, the mosquitoes will be tough this year.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bowsers, is that a Jurassic Park Mosquito?

    Essex & Sherman

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh dog that is terrible. I wish I had an answer. You know in my neck of the woods this truck drives around a couple times a year and this white smoke stuff billows out of the back. It is spraying for mosquitoes. So I guess that is why I don't have a problem. My MOM is allergic to them.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been scratching too, so if you find out, please let me know


    Loveys Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  17. We just HATE mosquitos (aka mozzies) too, especially poor mom - they just love her!

    I know we have some products here in South Africa but I think they are actually made here. Mom said she'll go have a look see for you and let you know.

    Try not to scratch too much - lavender oil helps with the itching.

    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. How awful for you, Denny! We sure hope that somepup can recommend something that works!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  19. When the mosquitoes got really b bad here one year...i sprayed a banana with deep wood off and put it around the dogs necks when they went outside.

    Hope those bugs go away soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them