Friday, June 14, 2013

See Beautiful Friday

We don't normally do the blog hop thingy but today we thought we would and join in Sugars  "see beautiful" one. I am going to paw it over to Mom so she can explain why.

Mom: What caught my attention was the 'soulful eyes' part of Sugar's post  and I thought I would share a little about my beautiful boy Reilly.

As many of you know Reilly is an extremely stoic dog - he never shows when he is in pain, never whimpers or cries - he has been having monthly allergy shots for the last two years now and never once has he winced or whimper. He has had more than his fair share of poking and prodding at the Vets and again he just takes it all in his stride.

His foot is getting worse daily with the arthritis which is causing his toes to become deformed and bent out of shape - and even though we see him limping on it more and more often now - he still stoically goes about his day not letting it bother him.

But a Mom of a furbaby KNOWS - I know every time I look into his eyes - I can see if  the pain is really bad and he needs some medication. From looking in his eyes I know when he wants to go for walk more that anything else in the world.  I watch him as he stares into space sometimes but rather than blank look in his eyes - there is something else - like he is pondering, musing and thinking about something.

But the most important thing for me - was the year I spent in and out of hospital - every time I came home he was there - those soft brown eyes saying "I am so glad your home Mom and I am here for you".  There was never any pouting "why did you leave me" look - there was just a soft head to reach out and pat and an understanding I can hardly put into words. He was always there by the side of my bed and every time the nurse would come - he would be there watching intently to make sure she was "doing things right". He instinctively knew not to be close on the rare occasions I could walk and yet was always just a few steps behind me.

My husband was my strength but Reilly was my biggest motivation. I wanted to be able to take him on walks again, to go exploring again and to play with his favorite tug game again.  He has without a doubt had the most beautiful soul and I see it every time I look into his eyes.


27 comments:

  1. Yep, them eyes really do put one in a trance, what a buddy!

    The Mad Scots

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reilly you are so beautiful and we are so sorry your foot isn't get better, we hate to hear that you have pain. You are your Mommy are so close, it was lovely to read. Have a wonderful weekend xx00xx

    Mollie and Alfie

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lovely tribute to Reilly. We know if he could speak he'd say the very same things back to you. Have a beautiful day.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reilly you are beautiful indeed. And it shows in your eyes for sure as well as every fur on you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  5. A See Beautiful post about the BEAUTY of his HEART and his DEVOTION to you.

    PERFECT for this day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We think that Reilly is beautiful too. I'd like to tell you a little story about me. I'm pretty much always on my front legs because my back ones don't work so well. And because it's a little unnatural for a dog to walk using just the front ones, I've started to develop some arthritis in my ankles and pad areas. And so my peeps have been having laser treatments done on my legs, ankles, toes, chest and back every 3 weeks or so. They also have a vet who does chiropractic work come by once a month to ensure that our ribs, bones are in alignment and our toes are not jammed. I also get some supplements for neurological health and regeneration. Then there's the monthly acupuncure treatments. My sheltie brother gets a capsule of Standard Process Ligaplex II for treatment of a cracking noise from his right front leg. I also go swimming on a weekly basis. I'm telling you all this because my hope is that you might look into some of these treatments to see if they might help Reilly. I wish that I could guarantee relief but I can't. I know that you're helping Reilly and love him to bits and we're not suggesting that you do what we're doing. But we hope to maybe give you an idea or two of what else might be possible in terms of treatment or care. We hope that you won't be mad at us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Bree...you made me cry, too! A beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. :-D Now "That" is definitely a See Beautiful Moment!! It's incredible that you both have one another!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Golden Happy that you joined our This Moment See Beautiful anniversary hop. Reilly is strong and I bet he just don't want you to worry. Have you tried hydro therapy (like me swimming on a heated pool. Definitely dogs are motivators. Sending Lots of Golden LOVE. Happy Seeing Beauty. Lots of Golden Woofs, Sugar

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful post for a beautiful dog. Thanks for sharing this today
    hugs
    Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for seeing beautiful with us. Your pictures were gorgeous and certainly left us seeing beautiful!

    Lydia @ See Beautiful
    www.seebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just look at those BEAUTIFUL eyes!

    Happy See Beautiful.

    Hugs,
    Lily Belle & Muffin

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was a beautiful post, written with a depth of love. I'm so glad I found your blog, and someone to share how much our dogs mean to us,

    ReplyDelete
  14. He is beautiful. And that was a beautiful tribute.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella &Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  15. You brought tears to Mom's eyes - what a very beautiful post! Reilly is lucky to have you for his Mom.

    Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, you made my Ma's eyes leak!
    That was soooo beautifuls!
    Reilly, I have my paws crossed that you will find something that eases your pain, and you will be by your Moms side fur many many many years to come!
    {{{{hugs}}}}
    Kisses,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Reilly, I forgot to add that my sheltie brother and I also get a shot of Hyaflex for our ligaments and stuff. Your mom can check it out here http://www.hyaflex.com/about_hyaluronic_acid_dog.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. We loved your words..... and those soulful eyes.

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. We loved your words..... and those soulful eyes.

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this was such a marvelous post. Reilly is a lover boy that is for sure.
    Wish there were some way to slow the progression of his arthritis

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful post! You're so beautiful, Reilly!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your words are every bit as beautiful as Reilly's eyes...A dog's eyes speak volumes to us if only we look

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awwww Reilly boy, you are such a good little guy with your Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful story! You are such a beautiful boy, Reilly!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them