Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sun, surf and a dead fish :)

Off we went to the beach this morning and thank goodness MY park was open today. We arrived a few minutes too late to see the sun rise (the gate to the park is right next to the gate to the Mayport Navel Station and there was a lot of traffic entering this morning) That didn't deter us any though as it was a beautiful 75 degrees and we had the beach all to ourselves. First we have to go along the boardwalk over the dunes to the beach. Needless to say I was way ahead of Mom and all but galloped to the beach. By time Mom and Dweeb had caught up to me I had already found my prize and was enjoying rubbing my face all over it. For some reason Mom was not happy and said she might make walk home as she didn't want dead fish smell in her car! (half way down the boardwalk there is actually a shower for the surfers to rinse off and Mom was able to wash my face and get some of the stink off she is such a spoil sport)














Ah - this is the life, cool morning, cool sand, dead fish and the beach all to ourselves with clear blue skies - what could be better? I did also find a nice dead crab too but Mom caught me before I had a chance to partake in its perfume :)













I walked, I ran, I snuffled, I galloped and I even trotted and loved ever moment of it - Dweeb of coarse was glued to Mom's feet the whole time. Finally we reached the lifeguard stand which also happens to be our one mile marker - we know when we reach this is is time to turn around and head back the way we came. Then it was across the boardwalk back into the park where MY car was parked and a nice big bowl of water and a cookie. Perfect way to spend the morning if you ask me :)

22 comments:

  1. How strange that humans the world over fail to appreciate the beautiful aroma of dead fish, especially in their cars...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I total agree Reilly, that's a PAWFECT way to spend a morning and I bet that dead fish smelt amazing!!!!!!
    Loves and licky kisses
    Princess Leah xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys look great on the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful way to start the day!!! It has been foggy and misty here lately and Arty has been missing his beach!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dead fish smells amazing! What is she thinking
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  6. Surely you got to keep the fish as a souvenir?

    Monty and Harlow

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love to come for a walk on your beach Reilly, maybe when I retire we'll drive down to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHAT???? Your mom does not LOVE the Fine Fish aroma? We have NO idea what would be wrong with THAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peeps just don't appreciate a good stinky smell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just don't understand those humans, what's wrong with the smell of dead fish - we think it is pawesome!!! Despite the Mom, it sounds like a wonderful morning stroll on the beach!!!

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  11. A dead fish! How cool is that! Did you roll in it? That is the proper thing to do!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you are able to do your Bark Ranger duties. What is is with peeps. Every time Roxy does her Aroma Therapy on something smelly, she ends up with a BATH!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like a wonderful time, except for the water boarding part. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like a great way to spend da morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I believe you are living my dream life! I can't believe your mom didn't appreciate the fabulous smell of dead fish on your face why I would have thought she would have been kissing your face so she could take in the aroma.

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMD - my collies would have loved to join you in rolling on that smelly dead fish! Yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you guys sure are living the life! Sun, sea, sand...dead stuff, it doesn't get better.
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a find and a wonderful morning for you, Reilly!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Reilly! That is the life!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks nice, but rolling in a dead fish would get me into big trouble too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Bowsers, we had a fish in Angel Paws once. An Osprey dropped it while flying over the park.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them