Saturday, February 2, 2013

Blogville Sled Day


Needless to say the weather girl LIED - yet again. They promised we would get some flurries of snow today but we didn't!  It didn't stop us from joining in the Blogville Sled Day though. We headed off to the Blogville snow fields where Denny went into the freestyle acrobatics snowboarding try outs - look at him getting some air under that board!!! He executed a triple flip flop with tail twisting twirl perfectly but alas couldn't stick the landing and needless to say ended up in a snow drift with only his back feet and tail poking out!!!

Me - I took the more 'dignified' approach and headed down the mountain in a straight line - a wooooooshing I will go - a wooooooshing I will go -  the fur was really flying let me tell you and Mom waiting at the bottom acted as the perfect brake (when a crashed right into her - thanks Mom!!) Can you believe they disqualified me for that even though I had the fastest time!!!!

Thanks Sarge for the great photos and if you want see more competitors head on over to Sarges blog.

Please Note : No dogs or Moms were injured during the day :)




19 comments:

  1. Denny you are rockin' the free style! Oh Reily I was wondering how I was going to stop at the bottom. So you say I just aim for your mom and she will stop me? GREAT! And off I go.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you guys are cool snowboarding dudes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this soo much fun. You guys look great on your boards!
    hugs
    Greta, Bailey & Hazel too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking sharp!! HAve fun and c-ya at the bottom!!

    wags
    Jazzi and Addy

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sledding for us today, maybe tomorrow! It is supposed to snow.

    Oreo is my sledding dog, Chewy is my sled chasing dog!

    You two look great on your sleds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pawsome pix. Sarge has done us all proud. Have a super Saturday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  7. You dawgs have style on the slopes!!
    Lookin' good!

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reilly look at your fur! How do you get it to stay so pawfectly in place while you're flyin down the hill?!! Must be related to Elvis or somethin eh? ;)

    Denny dude - that was the best board spike I've ever seen! High paws to ya pal! :)

    Waggin at ya,
    Roo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beep, beep, watch out below!

    Your pal, Pip

    P.S.: We had our first snow of the year last night. Very weird winter. Hope you get some flurries soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You two looked super duper fabby cool in the snow. Hey, why aren't you both professionals, eh?
    Pip :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What talent there Denny, Never thought of using the peep to stop, we just ran into anybody!Heeheehee

    Your Pals
    Sus & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  12. We just came from the slopes. Wow you guys look great. AND that Denny...who knew there was such a hidden talent!

    You look coooool, guys.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two look great on the slope today...Very sporty with great form...Sled Day is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You guys flew past me so fast I wasn't sure it was you. Then I saw your mom I told her move but it was to late. i fell so many times my butt is still frozen.

    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Denny & Reilly!
    Wow, you two really rocked the slopes today my furiends! Dang, you're both so fast. I think you were master snowboarders fur sure. I'm so glad you joined me for the fun and I hope you got enough weenies and s'mores at the bonfire!
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Supreme Sledder

    ReplyDelete
  16. Look at those jumps, whoooa!
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  17. You guys look like you're having the bestest fun!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun!!!

    We never have this over here :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them