Saturday, February 23, 2013

How To Scare The Mom and Dad

The Mom and Dad decided to do a little antique store looking this morning - so off they went WITHOUT me. I was not to happy being left with the dweeb but Mom did give us both a nice tasty bone to chomp on while they were gone.

When they came back an hour later Mom noticed straight away that I was on 3 feet instead of 4!  I was holding up my back right leg and wouldn't put it on the floor. Mom was all in a panic and called the vet straight away and we headed off to see him, (Yay - I got a car ride!)

Mr Vet checked all my toes and all my joints - he couldn't find anything. He checked my ligaments and muscles and no amount of prodding caused a single response. I am after all the MOST stoic doggie he has EVER met. So after scaring Mom and Dad (that will teach them for leaving me) it appears I may just have strained a muscel - probably from racing off the back deck to fast). I have some anti inflammatory pills and some pain medicine to take and he says if I am still favoring it on Monday to come back.

In the meantime I am just lazing around and enjoying LOTS of extra pampering - MOMMMMM bring me another cookie and add some cheese to it too!!!!!!!!!!

23 comments:

  1. I bet you strained it holding on too tightly to your bone, Reilly! Glad it's nothing major. Milk it!

    Antique store...hmmm...looking for more goodies for the little town? X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! I hope you're all better in the morning. For now, enjoy your extra goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Milk it for all it's worth, Reilly! That will teach them!
    We hope your leg feels better quickly!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that will teach them to leave you when they go on adventures won't it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to con them into a car ride after they ABANDONED you this morning!! Excellent job, Reilly!!

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reilly, are you the ultimate faker or what, yep thats what they get for a stunt like that! I think that look in that pic gives you away! Heeheehee

    Your Pals
    Susie & Bites

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope all the pampering heals you up quick. I think you should ask for some extra, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whew, at least you are ok. I was worried....

    Bert

    ReplyDelete
  9. Milk it for all it's worth.....being abandoned..sheesh!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess that will show them. But I do hope all is well with the leg.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWWWW! I hope they learned their lesson and never leave you home alone again....EVER! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good work mate, scoring some pampering....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope your paw is ok, but how pawsome is that to get a car ride and get bonus treats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope your paw is ok, but how pawsome is that to get a car ride and get bonus treats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. :o LUCKY you got a car ride!

    Glad you are okay!

    Mason

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehehe, my predicessor use to do that ALL the time!! She use to gimp along suddenly and freak Ma out, not once was it anything butts a knotted muscle (thank Dog), butts she sure knew how to milk it for all it's worth!!! You do the same ~ there are LOTS of extra snuggles and scritches and cookies to be had from this! BOL
    Kisses,
    Ruby
    pees: sure glads you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Reilly, wow that was a great trick. We hope that in the end it wasn't anything bad and that you'll be back on all fours soon. Better get your mom to bring the box of cookies.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Reilly-
    Enjoy some Rest and Relaxation..."More Cookies Please!!"

    Wyatt

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jumping off the bed will do it
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh dear you have a sports injury. Take it easy. Have a super restful Sunday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope your Mom and Dad have learnt the lesson! Well done, Reilly. You're one smart cookie too.

    Enjoy the cheesy cookies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them