Today thanks to Chewy.com - the best and most well known online pet food, treats and goodies store we are reviewing Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken Lamb, Brown Rice & Barley Recipe Canned Dog Food. As many of you know I recently had 4 teeth removed and needed to be on soft food for a week while my gums healed. Chewy.com was wonderful and sent me 12 cans of this wonderful food to get me through it.
Here's the Basics
- The first dog food Solid Gold ever crafted has a special place in the hearts of Solid Gold fans and so does the wet dog food variety of this formula! The holistic and natural ingredients (and the funny-sounding name) were inspired by Solid Gold founder Sissy McGill. Your dog will feast on tender, delicious lamb. Every bowl is a well-balanced meal packed with high-density protein and whole grain brown rice
|Nice and chunky|
|Me and my puffy nose :)|
- Perfect to pair with Hund-n-Flocken dry dog food or to be fed as a standalone diet
- Nutritionally complete and balanced meal
- Holistic food for adult dogs of all sizes
- No corn, wheat or soy which are common allergens for dogs
- No fillers, by-products, artificial coloring, flavoring or preservatives
- Made in the US
- Now I must admit I TOTALLY loved this food and licked the bowl clean over and over again (until I drove Mom crazy and she picked it up to wash it) It is a nice solid food and had carrots in it which even I ate and I am known for not eating veggies!
|Mom said I could I have 1 piece - I went for the big one!|
|This is cruel - let me at it :)|
- Lamb, Water Sufficient for Processing, Lamb Liver, Brown Rice, Carrots, Barley, Guar Gum, Potassium Chloride, Dicalcium Phosphate, Oatmeal, Alfalfa Meal, Flaxseed Meal, Olive Oil, Salt, Carrageenan, Cassia, Choline Chloride, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Copper Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Manganese Sulfate, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Panthothenate, Biotin Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin A Supplement, Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement
Negatives - Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Not Really
- Now Mom was a bit worried about giving me canned food as it not something I have ever had before and she remembers how many of the 'old' types of canned dogs food had a laxative affect on doggies. She was very happy to find this was NOT the case with this food and she loved that it was solid and chunky and could be cut into cubes for me. Denny also got to try a little of this in his food and he too totally loved it!
- I am definitely giving this food a high 4 paws as it is totally delicious and I was able to eat it with no problems. We would highly recommend this for older dogs who have lost some teeth and may be having trouble with harder types of foods.
- Chewy.com sent us 12 cans of Solid Gold Hund-n-Flocken Lamb, Brown Rice & Barley Recipe Canned Dog Food in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.
That looks yummy! I think I better have a talk with Mom about the dry yucky kibbles she feeds me!ReplyDelete
Sounds very yummy Reilly, glad to hear it didn't haf any after effects as well!!!ReplyDelete
How is your nose now?
Loves and licky kisses
Princess Leah xxx
that looks really tasty.. I bet you can make a sandwich too and no one would notice that it is dog food :o) That was very clever that you took the big piece, no wonder that shelties are the smartest breed of the canine world :o)ReplyDelete
That was very nice of them to send you that many so you could figure how just how much you liked it!!ReplyDelete
WOW WOW..... BOW WOW WOW..... that stuffs looks GRAND.... sort of like our Mom's Meatloaf... Soft butt not Sloppy... and EASY on your sore mouth.... GRRRRRREAT REVIEW...ReplyDelete
Looks a lot like pate.ReplyDelete
Dip and Elliot x
It sounds yummy and if you licked the plate twice it must be extra good!ReplyDelete
Reilly your no fool ~ you sized up those bites and you definitely took the bigger slice.ReplyDelete
Thanks for being a friend
Sweet William The Scot
Denny loved it?! Then we know it must be good. Of course, you had us at LAMB!ReplyDelete
How generous to send you 12 cans! Glad you liked it!ReplyDelete
Mr Bailey, Hazel & mabel
That sure sounds very tasty - we bet you are really enjoying it, Reilly. Mom says Phantom would have liked that too. We are still waiting for our canned goods to arrive so we can do our review too. Mom says there was some sort of email mixup:( That's OK, we can wait because we know it will be so good.ReplyDelete
Hope your mouth is healing well.
Woos - Ciara and Lightning
We would have gone for the biggest piece too, Reilly! This canned food looks yummy and we bet it smells fabbers!ReplyDelete
Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly
Yum yum! I love the design on the can too!ReplyDelete
We've had Solid Gold treats before and they were really good. We don't get canned food often, just special occasions.ReplyDelete
YEAH! Go for the big one!!!ReplyDelete
We hope you're enjoying it - and that your mouth is healing up nicely!