Saturday, June 6, 2015

The tooth thief


I am back from the dogtor and doing just fine. I don't remember much of what happened and Mom says I walked right past her and Dad when they came to get me and that I was in my own little 'fuzzy world'. I ended up having 4 of my teeth removed - yes it was only supposed to be 2 but it seems he found two others that we cracked that needed to come it. My face is a little swollen but the tooth fairy left some yummy venison soft food for me and I had a good dinner and some pain medicine when I got home so I am feeling pretty good right now. Mr Vet says I should be all good in a couple of days and be able to resume my Bark Ranger duties. Mom also talked to Mr Vet about my blood tests and he said there is nothing to worry about as they are just at the high end of the normal range but still within normal limits. He says it is quite common in older dogs and ones like me that take medication for their allergies. Today I am just going to rest up and have some yummy venison. Thank you for all you good wishes - we know they helped a lot.

25 comments:

  1. Thats great that the tooth fairy brought u soft food.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope efurrything is back to normal soon. That was very nice from that tooth fairy to bring you such tasty treats...
    Have a comfy weekend with more of that treats :o)
    hugs easy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad it went well. Enjoy your recovery day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reilly the tooth fairy is just the best. Venison dog food and pain meds will set you right in no time. Speedy recovery to you! Your pal, Toby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reilly, really push for that soft food. We really have to "milk" this older-dog thing and work it to our advantage! Glad you're feeling better!

    -Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad that everything went well! The tooth fairy is a very nice lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hari Om
    Bravo! rest well... hugs and wags, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your R&R with some venison. I'm sure your mouth will feel better soon. 💖

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should get DOUBLE soft Treats since they stole Double the Teefs... Sorry about that happening.
    Hope you are feeling better SOON.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I sure am glad you are doing well. Venison sounds great, but I would try to get some doggie ice cream too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. YIKES !!!!! You had your teeth stolen? So happy you are gettin some yummy soft foodables from da tooth fairy. Hugs.
    Wags,
    RAnger

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are so glad everything went well and are happy to hear you are being well rewarded!!
    Smileys!
    Dory, Jakey, Arty & Bilbo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad you are home, 4! That tooth fairy better come
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad things went well. Now, make sure your mom does not read this part . . . tell her you have lots of pain so you can get more of that meat!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hugs Reilly! And kisses from Katie.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We'll still send some best wishes. Venison....yeah... You just enjoy it, and look sad so you get lots of treats and walks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We hope your mouth feels better with your soft foodables, Reilly!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  18. That was a very nice tooth fairy you have there, Reilly. Glad all went well. Good news on the blood report, and now you have something to compare when you have your next panel.

    Woos - Ciara and Lightning

    ReplyDelete
  19. so glad you are doing well! That was nice of the Vet to give you tasty venison! Yay! I knew you didn't have to worry about the bloodwork!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I think ya deserve a new toy from da Tooth Fairy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Four teeth stolen! Oh my. Not to worry...our Heather has had quite a few stolen from her, too, and she manages just fine. You'll be back to your normal self in no time. Much love, The Scottie Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You're being a very brave boy Reilly take it easy and I hope mom spoils you lots! Love Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  23. We're so glad you're OK!!! That venison sounds yummy!
    We hope your mouth heals up quickly!
    Cammie!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them