Today thanks to Chewy.com - the best and most well known online pet food, treats and goodies store I am reviewing Wellness TruFood CocoChia Bakes with Lamb, Purple Carrots & Coconut Oil Grain-Free Dog Treats. This is the first time that "I" the Denny dog have done a review all by myself. (Mom says it is because Reilly still can't have crunchy cookies yet)
Here's the Basics
- Wellness believes in giving pets a colorful palette of the best nutrition possible, so they made TruFood with whole foods from farm, field and sea. TruFood has more of what pets need to be vibrant and happy - that's how love becomes Wellness. When you treat with chia seeds and whole-prey protein, your dog gets more than just a tasty reward. These slow-baked TruFood CocoChia Bakes combine whole-prey protein with antioxidant-rich superfoods, probiotics, coconut oil and of course chia seeds to deliver a nutritious treat
- 5 oz bag is normally $5.99 at Chewy.com
- 100% natural dog treats
- A naturally grain-free snack
- Slow-baked for more raw protein
- Naturally colored by superfoods
- No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
|You can't have these Reilly!
|Sniff sniff - they smell a bit odd
- Chickpeas, Peas, Tapioca, Lamb, Dried Purple Carrots, Flaxseed, Coconut Oil, Chia Seeds, Turkey Liver, Turkey Hearts, Chicken Fat, Natural Flavor, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Dried Enterococcus thermophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus bulgaricus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract (this is a naturally preserved product)
|NO MOM - I don't like the smell of these!
- In all fairness I will admit that "I" the Denny dog am not fond of hard cookies - I will sometimes eat them but not very often (unless Mom breaks them into into small pieces) and these are very hard cookies -. Mom offered me one and I sniffed it and wouldn't take it. She then broke it up into pieces and I turned away when she offered it me. Now I can be pretty stubborn about trying new things so Mom even popped a little in my mouth and I promptly SPAT it out. No - no way did I like the smell or flavor of these cookies and I was NOT going to eat one.
Negatives - Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Not Really
- These are nice small square cookies which would be a great training treat if you like them
- For me - I just didn't like the smell of them or the flavor
- Mom crumbled one up for Reilly today and he gobble it down but there is not much Reilly won't eat :)
- Sadly "I" the Denny have to give these a no paws ratings cause I just didn't like them all - I am a dog of discerning tastes :) but I know Reilly would give them a 4 paws rating cause he loves crunchy cookies and will eat just about anything at all :)
Chewy.com sent me a bag of Wellness TruFood CocoChia Bakes with Lamb, Purple Carrots & Coconut Oil Grain-Free Dog Treats in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated for our review in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.