Thursday, June 18, 2015

Chewy.com Review - Trufood Cocochia Bakes

18 June 2015

Today thanks to Chewy.com - the best and most well known online pet food, treats and goodies store I am reviewing Wellness TruFood CocoChia Bakes with Lamb, Purple Carrots & Coconut Oil Grain-Free Dog Treats. This is the first time that "I" the Denny dog have done a review all by myself. (Mom says it is because Reilly still can't have crunchy cookies yet)

Here's the Basics

  • Wellness believes in giving pets a colorful palette of the best nutrition possible, so they made TruFood with whole foods from farm, field and sea. TruFood has more of what pets need to be vibrant and happy - that's how love becomes Wellness. When you treat with chia seeds and whole-prey protein, your dog gets more than just a tasty reward. These slow-baked TruFood CocoChia Bakes combine whole-prey protein with antioxidant-rich superfoods, probiotics, coconut oil and of course chia seeds to deliver a nutritious treat

    Key Benefits

    • 100% natural dog treats
    • A naturally grain-free snack
    • Slow-baked for more raw protein
    • Naturally colored by superfoods
    • No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
    You can't have these Reilly!
    Sniff sniff - they smell a bit odd










       

      Ingredients

      • Chickpeas, Peas, Tapioca, Lamb, Dried Purple Carrots, Flaxseed, Coconut Oil, Chia Seeds, Turkey Liver, Turkey Hearts, Chicken Fat, Natural Flavor, Mixed Tocopherols added to preserve freshness, Dried Enterococcus thermophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus bulgaricus Fermentation Product, Rosemary Extract, Green Tea Extract, Spearmint Extract (this is a naturally preserved product)

      Taste Test
      NO MOM - I don't like the smell of these!

      • In all fairness I will admit that "I" the Denny dog am not fond of hard cookies - I will sometimes eat them but not very often (unless Mom breaks them into into small pieces) and these are very hard cookies -. Mom offered me one and I sniffed it and wouldn't take it. She then broke it up into pieces and I turned away when she offered it me. Now I can be pretty stubborn about trying new things so Mom even popped a little in my mouth and I promptly SPAT it out. No - no way did I like the smell or flavor of these cookies and I was NOT going to eat one.

      Negatives - Kind of - Sort of - Maybe - Not Really

      • These are nice small square cookies which would be a great training treat if you like them
      • For me - I just didn't like the smell of them or the flavor
      • Mom crumbled one up for Reilly today and he gobble it down but there is not much Reilly won't eat :) 

      Rating

      • Sadly "I" the Denny have to give these a no paws ratings cause I just didn't like them all - I am a dog of discerning tastes :) but I know Reilly would give them a 4 paws rating cause he loves crunchy cookies and will eat just about anything at all :)

      Disclaimer 
      Chewy.com sent me a bag of 
      Wellness TruFood CocoChia Bakes with Lamb, Purple Carrots & Coconut Oil Grain-Free Dog Treats in return for an honest review. We were not paid or compensated for our review in any other way and our opinion is purely our own.

      13 comments:

      1. Well I finks you did a great and honest job of your review Reilly, pawsome in fact, well done
        Loves and licky kisses
        Princess Leah xxx

        ReplyDelete
      2. That's a very good review, Bravo Denny! It happens sometimes that we are not really over the moon for some treats... I understand that :o)
        esy rider

        ReplyDelete
      3. Oh Denny, I am sorry you didn't like those cookies. But, if you don't like crunchy...and I know you've said that before...then how could you like a crunchy treat?!? I hope your mom saves them for Reilly when he can have crunchy again.
        Oz

        ReplyDelete
      4. One Guy's BLECH... is another Guy's YUMMMMM It is GOOD that you were Honest with the review as it helps others to Chews the snacks that they Want and LOVE...

        ReplyDelete
      5. We don't like hard cookies that much either, dad says it is cos we have wee little teef.
        stella rose

        ReplyDelete
      6. We do like baked and grain free
        Lily & Edward

        ReplyDelete
      7. Hey, they all can't be winners.

        Aroo to you,
        Sully

        ReplyDelete
      8. Hmm. I didn't know what the heck to do with the lamb lung thingies we reviewed last month! Maybe I have discerning tastes, too!
        Yours sincerely,
        Margaret Thatcher

        ReplyDelete
      9. Thank you Denny for this honest review. We almost chose these then opted for the kong toy instead. Now we are very glad we did, cause we do not like hard cookies either and Mabel is enjoying the toy!
        hugs
        Mr Bailey, Hazel & Mabel

        ReplyDelete
      10. Send them here!!! I loves cookies! Please tell Ma I loves cookies....she won't gives me any...*sniff, sniff*
        Kisses,
        Ruby ♥

        ReplyDelete
      11. We had the ones with spinach and we like them. We would most probably like these too because we are not picky eaters, Denny.

        Love ya lots♥
        Mitch and Molly

        ReplyDelete
      12. We got some of these at BlogPaws and she thought we would never eat them, but we love them.

        ReplyDelete

      Thank you for woofing at us - we read each and every one of them